MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #256
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv3ctiv3 View Post
AMROCKS I hate you, let that be known.
Dearly Noted

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #257
jimmyinsd
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I had a metal roof on my last cooking shack, louder than a rock concert when it rains.
put the steel down over plywood it will dampen the sound alot, you can also add a thin layer of styrofoam under the steel and that will really mute the snare drum.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #258
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyinsd View Post
put the steel down over plywood it will dampen the sound alot, you can also add a thin layer of styrofoam under the steel and that will really mute the snare drum.
I wonder if dynomat would work on bare metal roof? Just use a small chunk every couple feet or so!? Might work

Old 07-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #259
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
I love posting that photo -- it always gets a few remarks.

That car costs more than my house, so it clearly isn't mine. I had it for three days to photograph for a magazine.

Brian, my teardrop is built on a modified boat trailer.

Here is another fun shot of the Bentley and the teardrop...
That is a Continental Supersports right? Man just can't get over that car. I would give my left for one. Anybody got 280 grand laying around that I could borrow?

Old 07-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #260
Chenernator
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
My BBQarea is my driveway/patio. I have small custom home with a detached garage, with a combination driveway and patio between the house and garage. Since the weather here is either HOT, or cold and rainy, I do most of my smoking about three feet inside the garage. That keeps me dry in the winter when it is always wet, and reasonably "not HOT" in the summer.

I move the car outside, and put the WSM in it's place, next to the teardrop camper. Camping is my other hobby.

CD
Now I've seen everything. A WSM takes the place of a Bentley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMROCKS View Post
Alright I know you guys have seen plenty of my project but I ordered some string lights and put them up today. Got some evening to dark photos with a side of rain.

Forget coming to Augusta for the Master's; I'm going to AMROCKS.

Do you leave the bar set up like this all the time, or is this pretty-for-the-picture shot? I could see there being a load of pine pollen on everything in the spring.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #261
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenernator View Post
Now I've seen everything. A WSM takes the place of a Bentley!

Forget coming to Augusta for the Master's; I'm going to AMROCKS.

Do you leave the bar set up like this all the time, or is this pretty-for-the-picture shot? I could see there being a load of pine pollen on everything in the spring.
It is open all year except for main pollen season about 2 months. During that time I have tarps made that attach to the surrounding step and the support beam. That closes the bar in enough to help keep most of the pollen out. some still gets in but it is manageable. The dish washer helps with the pollen vs glass. A good friend of mine said I should rent my place for masters week but I can't bring myself to do it. I would be okay if I hosted the stay but it would be hard to trust the partying in my absence. But hey if the price is right!!

Old 07-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #262
bigsapper
Take a breath!

Here's my current setup...

I posted a page or so back my plans. I'll be getting my patio cover up in the early fall, then I'll build the stucco wall at this end. Everything else as time opportunity & funds allow.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #263
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsapper View Post
Here's my current setup...

I posted a page or so back my plans. I'll be getting my patio cover up in the early fall, then I'll build the stucco wall at this end. Everything else as time opportunity & funds allow.
Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #264
Chenernator
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMROCKS View Post
A good friend of mine said I should rent my place for masters week but I can't bring myself to do it. I would be okay if I hosted the stay but it would be hard to trust the partying in my absence. But hey if the price is right!!

Hmmm. I volunteer my services to chaperone. I'd even sleep in the bar provided I get one day to go to the tournament.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #265
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenernator View Post
Hmmm. I volunteer my services to chaperone. I'd even sleep in the bar provided I get one day to go to the tournament.
Well this year is the first for buying day tournament tickets. We applied for them but are waiting to see if we will get any, same with practice rounds. Got some practice rounds last year. Man that was nice

Old 07-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #266
EricF
Knows what a fatty is.

Here is a shot of both my gas grill which is on a cover deck and my Lyfe Tyme I put on a pave stone pad.
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #267
padawan
Full Fledged Farker

padawan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #268
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawan View Post
Are those painted pavers?

Old 07-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #269
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Okay, I decided to take a picture of the BBQ area, as planned. Truth is, I use my garage at least 60 percent of the time, because it is either too hot, too windy, or there is a good chance of rain.

But, this is the setup I had in mind for all of my grilling and smoking.

The way my house was designed put my patio and driveway right up against each other, so I made it one big party area. I acid stained the concrete, built a solid cedar cooking table, and put my WSM and Red Kettle on either side.

I can also use my SJG on top of the table, but it is too high to use with the Mini-WSM mod. I put it on that cocktail table between the two chairs when I do a Mini-smoke.

So, this was the plan. And, it sometimes gets used this way. And, I don't have to move the Bentley out of the garage to cook.

CD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBQArea.jpg (136.5 KB, 2584 views)
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #270
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
And, I don't have to move the Bentley out of the garage to cook.

CD
You lucky bastard you!!