• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Another sink question

kingbrutis

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have starteddoing some personal chef catering and have had some sucess. Like most I'd like to vend on the go. I found these sinks that are NFS and self contained with a hand sink and 3 compartment sink. Has a hot water heater and waste water. Has anyone used one of these setups? I know I need to talk to my local HD but from what I've read it meets all of thier requirements. Thanks Joe

http://www.portablesink.com/certified-four-compact-basins-portable-sinkns004s-p-2110.html

seems a bit pricey for what you get, only concern i'd have with my health dept would be we are required to carry a full day supply of water if we don't have a water hook up where we setup at. And 5 gallons wouldn't cut it. Are you putting this in a truck or trailer? I made my own setup using a 6' stainless steel table, using salvaged stainless sinks from old campers, one standard kitchen sink faucet with sprayer and one bathroom facuet for the hand sink, Artison 4 gallon water heater, 15 gallon fresh water, 21 gallon gray water, eletric pump. I have around 500 bucks wrapped up in the whole sink system. which reminds me I gotta get it winterized before it starts freezing..But check with your local HD, that's the best place to get an answer as to wether or not it will pass. Good Luck

I have a Klose Family Reunion. I have looked into a food service truck, but just dont have the $$$ to pull that off right now. I have also contacted a few people about using their kitchens with no luck. This seem like a reasonable solution. I agree it is a bit pricey. They have cheaper ones, but they are not NSF approved.

sinks can vary by County and State. one key is the capacity of the hot water heater to the size of the sink. Need to fill and refresh as needed. Also sinks need to each be large enough to immerse the largest tool/cutting board, etc that you use in your prep or serving. If they don't fit completely in hot water then it doesn't pass at least in Michigan.

there's lots more to sinks so you need to talk with the local HD to start.

I would also go to HD, we did before we bought our rig, and we got info that was not expected, in our county in WA you need 35 gallon fresh water and 40 gallon waste for your sinks. Its better to know up front before you waste your money having to fix things later. Good Luck!

I would also go to HD, we did before we bought our rig, and we got info that was not expected, in our county in WA you need 35 gallon fresh water and 40 gallon waste for your sinks. Its better to know up front before you waste your money having to fix things later. Good Luck!
In MI it's either 10 or 20% and the fresh includes the capacity of the hot water heater. I have 40+10 and 76 so I was good as designed.

Most HD's require sinks to be big enough to hold the objects you are washing, as they have to be submerged in the sanitizing solution. I don't think those are going to be large enough. The page says NSF Certified for handwash, not for warewashing.

Does seem expensive for what you get. Klose put dual stainless steel sinks, a tankless hot water heater, a fresh water tank with a pressure diaphram, and a grey water tank on my trailer smoker for about the price of that sink.

That wouldn't cut it in Cali. Basins aren't big enough and it doesn't hold enough water. And it's very expensive.

That unit would probably be ok if you were serving ice cream.

In Ohio and WVa you could get away with that for a mobile unit providing that you are only going to be washing utensils onsite and that you have a larger sink setup at a commisary to wash your larger items. But again.. it's up to your state, and really county health department.

H.d.

We could never get away with that here Three sinks plus a hand was sink, you must be able to submerse your biggest pot in all of them, the grey water tank has to be 1/3 bigger than the fresh water. Also the H.D. pretty much demands to be on page with everything we do if not they tell us to go away and submit a plan
:crazy:

That unit would probably be ok if you were serving ice cream.

In Ohio and WVa you could get away with that for a mobile unit providing that you are only going to be washing utensils onsite and that you have a larger sink setup at a commisary to wash your larger items. But again.. it's up to your state, and really county health department.

we have the non NSF version of that and it passes in Minnesota only half of the largest pan or bowl to be washed must fit in the sink

What does NSF stand for, every body is so concerned about it but haven't seen what it it is short for?? csa approved just means it's approved by a lab and won't kill you lol

Back