Weber One Touch Gold or Kettle

Forgot to mention, even the silver is more advanced than my three wheelers. The ash sweep would be nice on the longer cooks, sometimes.

Nice! I loved my OTG's before I got my performers. I had since passed on the OTG to friends that wanted to learn how to grill and smoke things.

Jed, if you are going to get rid of it in six weeks, a OTS (One-Touch Silver) cooks just the same. The OTG just adds the ash bucket, a dome thermometer and a hinged grate. So, if those things don't matter to you, save the money.

Or buy a Large BGE and send it to me when you're done with it. :becky:

CD

Season or cook right out of the box? Doesn't sound good eating smoked paint. :pray::sick::mad:

It's a porcelain coating, so just heating it up long enough to burn off any production residue should do it. Open up all the vents and run it for a short while, that's all that is required. Here is a pic of basic indirect cooking (it's OLD). The concept is still the same, though.
weber.jpg

+1 for the gold, I just put an ash catcher on my silver. Fortunately for me it came with the hinged grate.
Right answer to go straight to the gold. Cheaper than upgrading it later AND you get the thermometer in the lid.
One guy's view...

+1 for the gold, I just put an ash catcher on my silver. Fortunately for me it came with the hinged grate.
My advice to you is to go straight to the gold. Cheaper than upgrading it later AND you get the thermometer in the lid.
One guy's view...

Jed, if you are going to get rid of it in six weeks, a OTS (One-Touch Silver) cooks just the same. The OTG just adds the ash bucket, a dome thermometer and a hinged grate. So, if those things don't matter to you, save the money.

Or buy a Large BGE and send it to me when you're done with it. :becky:

CD
Thanks CD. I just looked at the price for one in France, OTG is about $300.00 Dollars there, might just add it to the container or raffle it off at the So. Florida Brethren Bash!

Thanks CD. I just looked at the price for one in France, OTG is about $300.00 Dollars there, might just add it to the container or raffle it off at the So. Florida Brethren Bash!
Or straight out sell it at a reduced price to some sort of local guy.Just a suggestion.....NO PRESSURE JED!!!:behindsofa::fish2::bolt:

If you were in my area, I would loan you a grill.

Agree on the OTG

Back