Behind the scenes of the grand opening of the newest BBQ Brethren BBQ joint

I wanna Go THERE!!!!!!!

Was it Grand Opening for both? BBQ and Brewery? Is the Brewery Fri/Sat only also? It's 2 seperate business's? or yall partnered' up?

Are you cooking on site? in what smoker?

It was a grand opening for both. The brewery is owned by 7 partners, most of them are my close friends that I have known all my life. They bought the building about 18 mo ago and I have been working along side them since then to renovate the 1920's building and upfit the kitchen. We are separate entities but work closely on operation decisions. They are open 7 days a week and are making pizzas on a conveyor oven sunday thru Thursday. The conveyor works perfect for toasting my sandwich buns:-D

There is very little outdoor space for a smoker so we decide to run a stumps XL stretch indoors under a hood. Then we ended up renting some adjacent parking spaces which will give a spot to park the 500 gal offset I am building image.jpg

Make sure you have a good refrigeration contractor. Ive seen some places lose all their product. It was just for a dirty condenser and a heat wave too.

Keep your coils clean brother and good luck.
That brisket looks great.

If you have any questions or concerns about a refrigeration contractor feel free to PM me. Im in Canada but would be able decipher and Preventative Maintenance contracts for you.

That's just amazing. A dream that very few of us will ever get to experience. Congrats!

That looks fantastic! Based on these and other pix and posts you've put up I have no doubt that you have a top notch thing happening there. If I'm ever near there I hope to make it by. Might be around DC in October & if that happens and I can snag a few hours youbetchura$$ I'll be coming by.

Congrats - very, very cool!

That looks fantastic! Based on these and other pix and posts you've put up I have no doubt that you have a top notch thing happening there. If I'm ever near there I hope to make it by. Might be around DC in October & if that happens and I can snag a few hours youbetchura$$ I'll be coming by.

Congrats - very, very cool!

That would be great! I'm about 90 min. west of DC depending on traffic.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Yall should invite some of them TV Show Food/Beer Guys that travel around eating n drinking n filming and living the Good Life....:heh:

A very serious congratulations Shenco! I am determined that the Ohio boys will be there as some stage in the next couple of months.

Wow brother! Food looks killer, and the beers sound great too. I am ready for a road trip already! Congrats!

You know, not many people have the testicular fortitude to not just realize their dream, but actually make it happen. To take the step and succeed in the process with hard work and by not giving up, you should sleep very sound at night (except when you're cooking, good luck with that). Congratulations.

Back