May 4, 2024 SouthEast Bash Invitation post, Lebanon, Tn.

That’s a 2 1/2 hr drive, shouldn’t affect Nashville should it?
I looked the other day when you mentioned. Hotel prices are all over the place, and very high at that. I couldn’t find anything special about Nashville to make them so high.
Go getcha an RV! (Although those spots are getting higher priced too)

Think I figured out why everything is expensive that weekend. Was looking to stay in Louisville for a few days and hit some distilleries instead of going to Nashville. Hotels are mostly sold out there as well.

Kentucky Derby is that Saturday.

Let’s see, eclipse then derby, what’s next! 🤣

You can't have a Bash without BBQ Brethren Bash Beans!! :cool:

2020-10-24-019.jpg

Is that the same as the recipe that's all over the Internet? Or did he leave some secret ingredients out?
We were at MIM a few years ago and were able to enter Myron’s area with the VIP pass. All the food was great and Shelly told Myron how great his beans were and the lflavor was amazing. She and he carried on a conversation about them along a story about a cook/chef at one of his restaurants wanting to change his recipe. That’s another story in itself. Anyway his asked “would you like the recipe”? She yes please!
He took his phone out and took a few minutes through a bunch a pics then said “ Here get your phone and take a picture of my recipe “. Myron was true southern gentleman. Shelly was indeed impressed. As was I. And good Bill is also a good guy.

The fact that Myron is that good of a person is great to hear, Hotch.
He comes across a bit arrogant on TV, IMO.
It's very refreshing to hear that's not the case.

Anyway his asked “would you like the recipe”? She yes please!
He took his phone out and took a few minutes through a bunch a pics then said “ Here get your phone and take a picture of my recipe “. Myron was true southern gentleman. Shelly was indeed impressed. As was I. And good Bill is also a good guy.
Great to hear, as Terry said, he comes across as an A Hole on TV. But the question still stands, did he leave out a secret ingredient from the recipe that's all over the Internet? And if so, a PM would be appreciated. ;)

So it looks like we have 9-17 confirmed? Still have no idea what to cook. Do youse guys like gravlax (cured dill salmon)? Just cured some for myself, might make another batch to bring down for breakfast along with bagels & cream cheese.

Gravlax sounds great, Andy.
I've been wanting to make some myself.

I'm planning on a couple fatties, some bacon wrapped livers, some homemade Cajuns with hot cheese, homemade Chipotle Bourbon sausages and BBQ beans, Ala Cooking with Ry.
BBQ Beans with rib meat, except I'll be using pulled pork that is on the kettle as I type.

Andy, you should have my contact info, I know that Mike, Bowhnter, does.
Ron, if I can figure out the new system, I'll PM you with it.
Same for anyone else attending.
We'll be getting to the park on Thursday, so we'll be able to assist in any way we can.

We're looking forward to this!

I'm getting in late afternoon or early evening on Friday. Anyone want to do anything on Friday? At one of the Texas bashes, Dennis from SC cooked up a bunch of prime ribs at a pre bash, bash. I think the local Mexi-Mart still has goat leg steaks. Anyone interested?

Back