Weber Grill Table (Homemade) - My First Post

Grizzlybrew

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Well, I finally pulled the trigger... actually two triggers.

I finally joined my brethren in the forums and this will be my first post. :bow:

The other trigger is constructing my own Weber Grill Table after viewing so many great projects online. I'm sure many of us are into the hobby of 'low and slow' for the projects and experimentation; it's the same reason I am a homebrewer. That being said, if anyone wants plans for this table, I can provide them for free. I designed it in SketchUp and can send a few images that will help you build your own (the attached images with a few more elements defined).

Cheers Everyone,

Josh

Attachments

• Weber Table Pic sm.jpg
    Weber Table Pic sm.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 764
  • Weber Table Elements sm.jpg
    Weber Table Elements sm.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 757
  • Weber Table Cutting Diagram sm.jpg
    Weber Table Cutting Diagram sm.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 756
I love it. Question: how does the grill attatch/rest in it? Is there a gap or does the kettle sit on the wood hole? Follow up, does it get hot enough to worry?

Very nice. Clean, functional design.
You decided against wheels?

Looks great. Maybe ill try one myself but need to get a kettle first. :-D

Nice work! I hope to do something similar in the future for my OTG.

I love it. Question: how does the grill attatch/rest in it? Is there a gap or does the kettle sit on the wood hole? Follow up, does it get hot enough to worry?

Good question. Looks like there is space between the wood and grill and its somehow just floating in there :twitch:

Welcome, nice table, thinking about doing the same.
Smokin meat or homebrew, or both, no better way to spend my days off

Good looking build! Do you plan to finish it with anything (or is it already finished?)

Welcome to the BBQ-Brethren! :welcome:

Welcome! Very nice looking table! I plan on building one if I ever get the time.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Is there a gap or does the kettle sit on the wood hole? Follow up, does it get hot enough to worry?

There is a gap just over 1" around the entire kettle. TBO, I haven't cooked on it yet; just finished yesterday. But, from all the posts I've seen, the wood won't get too hot. If you think about it, the plastic handle on the side of the grill is just about an inch away from the kettle itself. fingers crossed...

Very nice. Clean, functional design.
You decided against wheels?

2" casters, just can't see them. I wanted larger, but even the 2 1/2" won't fit under a 4x4 post :doh:

Looks like there is space between the wood and grill and its somehow just floating in there :twitch:

There is space, just over 1". There are some pics of the mounting below. I through mounted L brackets (slightly bent/opened) through the table top and the kettle using SS bolts, washers, lock washers and nuts.

Do you plan to finish it with anything (or is it already finished?)

It's PT wood, so not doing anything for a few months. At that time, I'll sand it down, route the top edge and either seal it naked or maybe a light cherry stain before sealing

Attachments

• Mounting 01.jpg
    Mounting 01.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 294
  • Mounting 02.jpg
    Mounting 02.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 294
Back