Got a weed burner last night

smokinbutts

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I will never look back, went to harbor freight and picked one up for 20 bucks, started the charcoal in the kettle and was ready to grill in about 5 min... I am simply amazed... Honestly though that thing could do some damage I am surprised they are Legal!

:shocked:

They are finally catching on. Loved mine and recently it broke but i'm not in a hurry to get another one since i got their electric start propane torch...that' thing is is waaaay nice and don't have to lug along the 20 gallon tank. It lights the charcoal fast and nice because it's so portable.

http://www.harborfreight.com/electric-start-propane-torch-91061.html

That thing is a beast though.

Yea I got mine yesterday too. Little over kill, probably could've bought the one keith showed. Makes very short work of coal lighting.

Nothing like a weed-burner in one hand and a beer in the other when lighting your fire!

Love my weed burner, especially when I used to vend...drew a lot of attention to the fact there was some Q available soon.

I agree. I bought one a few weeks ago. My inner pyro was quite jubilant but my inner pragmatist was crying in a fetal position in a dark corner.

I've been looking for a bit at getting one. I've been lighting everything with the Weber cubes for a while but a torch just seems to fit "me" better! I know the wife will be crossing her fingers every time I use it at the house though...

I was looking for the click start but couldn't find one and it was one of those get it now or you will never buy one...

Should of got what smoker got the weed burner is a bit of over kill...

I really need to invest in one of these. Every time I'm up at 4am lighting the smoker I'm just thinking about how I could be asleep for another 30-45 minutes while I'm waiting on these weber cubes..

I think you just talked me into it:cool:

Its great for burning the paint off drums while making a uds. I also burn the galvanized coating off hardware with mine. You can actually see it evaporate off. I also strap the tank to the front rack of my atv and burn the weeds and willow trees around the edge of the pond sometimes. A little more fuel usage than my weedeater, but alot more fun!

Its great for burning the paint off drums while making a uds. I also burn the galvanized coating off hardware with mine. You can actually see it evaporate off. I also strap the tank to the front rack of my atv and burn the weeds and willow trees around the edge of the pond sometimes. A little more fuel usage than my weedeater, but alot more fun!

Thats the main reason I bought it, I found someone who I can get barrels from really cheap and I am currently building one for myself and thinking maybe word will travel and I can make a few bucks and have a fun projects...

I really need to invest in one of these. Every time I'm up at 4am lighting the smoker I'm just thinking about how I could be asleep for another 30-45 minutes while I'm waiting on these weber cubes..

I think you just talked me into it:cool:

Between the time saved waiting for coals getting ready and the $ saved on coals that don't have to be burned down it's a no brainer.

Back