MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
bige39
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Big "E"
Default sponsorship

Hey guys got some big gigs coming up but can't do them with out sponsorship and have no Ideas about how to go after them. Anybody got any clues on the matter.
thanks
bige39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I guess I don't understand sponsorship in a catering gig. Do mean like an underwriter?

Maybe your bank can help you out with a short term loan if you get the gig.

However, if you can't take on such a large gig to begin with, why are you bidding it?

Another option is to team up with another caterer that may have some of the resources that you don't.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
jbrink01
is Blowin Smoke!

A gig implies it pays. Don't advertise something you are not able to do. I agree with Tx. Find a caterer that can do it, have them kick you a finders fee. Of course you can stay within your means and slowly save, or, do what most of us did and borrow money, pay interest, and grow slow.
[CENTER][B][I][B]KCBS #13207[/B][/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]2013 Insane Can Posse [/I][I]Tour [/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I]Sponsored By: [/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Gateway BBQ Store[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Blues Hog BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Plowboys BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
jbrink01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
Contracted Cookers
is one Smokin' Farker

for comp or catering clear it up.
Contracted Cookers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

??????
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
bige39
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Big "E"

The Proposal will be for a set of events called "The Soul Food Festival" which travels from June to August. I would really like to do at least three of these events but we're looking at crowds of 10,000 plus. We need to raise at least 5k to get started and in doing so we will be looking for sponsorship but do not now how to go about doing it as of yet. I have the equipment and the staff just don't have the funding I see teams out with sponsors like Big green Egg, Simply green, Kingsford, budwiser, etc... to help offset the cost. So my question is does any one know how to go about getting funding from these companies in the form of sponsorships. Is there a format? Procedures? etc....
Thanks
bige39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #7
Professor Salt
is one Smokin' Farker

Getting positive results and a winning track record would be a good place to start.
I cook on two WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber kettle, a Komodo Kamado plus UDS.
Super-fast purple Thermapen
Professor Salt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #8
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

You get sponsorship for competition. For vending any sponsorship involves you advertising for them. So look for local businesses that could benefit from you displaying their banner while you are vending. It's difficult, takes time and is easier for competition. They will want to know the quality of your food before sponsoring so if you don't have competition experience all you can do is cook a free party for them to convince them it's a good investment.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #9
dreed
Full Fledged Farker

I would think those larger companies ( Budwieser Kingsford) are event sponsors, and not sponsors for the vendors. For events of 10,000 and more I would think 5K is a reasonable start-up. I would go for loan and pay them back at the end of Summer, or better yet after the first event ( think positive)

Old 02-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

I'm still not clear as to whether you are talking about entering a cooking competition, or vending at a festival. Competitors typically need to establish themselves before sponsors are interested (unless you are hitting up friends and relatives). Vendors have investors, not sponsors. An investor is going to want to see your business plan with the investment cost, risks and return spelled out in detail.
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #11
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Not sure I have heard of sponsorship for vending/catering. I think you may want to start with what you can afford. It sounds like you are getting to big for your britches with all do respect. Why? Vending can already be a risk and you are going to borrow money on top of that risk?