Roll Call. Inside 30 days. PoorQue - Montello, WI

Divemaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Only 10 days left... Who's coming?!?!?

Stockcar BBQ is in recovery mode for the next couple of days so we're ready for all the fun to begin!

We will be there if I can work up the balls to go after the last beatin .Maybe if I took the trailer over and dropped it off now it be rained out by then.

We will be there if I can work up the balls to go after the last beatin .

Part of comp cooking is learning how to lose. A champion gets up, dusts himself off and wants to kick ass again. After you get your results, (and you don't like them) forget about them, as tomorrow is a new day. Just like golf after hitting a bad shot. Let's face it Coz, we can't win every contest. You had early success, losing is a huge part of it, even for Rod.

I agree we competed in 5 comps getting calls everytime then the First Big Pig Gig we got zilch, It was a tough one to take, the kids took it real hard. We havent competed since that one because of the restuarant we were getting going, hopefully we can get out again soon.

Dace

I also agree... The difference is that we started with low (damn near DAL) scores and moved up... It still stings but that's some of what we feed on to improve ourselves...

Guys I am fine just trying to inject a little humor. If I had thin skin I sure wouldnt try to compete in about anything. This hobby of ours is a lot easier to "want to do" then say competition coon hunting or stock car racing for sure. One thing for certain is that the vast majority doing this are a lot friendlier then some of the other competitive deals I have been in. As far as my last comp scores I wrote it off to the fact that I really was not into being there so most likely didnt get the results I should have do to headinass syndrome.

I will be there as a lone wolfpack of one. My teammate from last year will also be competing with his own team.

I will be there as a lone wolfpack of one. My teammate from last year will also be competing with his own team.

If you find you need something when you get up here let me know .Home is only a few miles and I am sure we find ya what ever ya need.

If you find you need something when you get up here let me know .Home is only a few miles and I am sure we find ya what ever ya need.

While I don't live close, I've been known to have an extra hub cap if needed...

If my other side family reunion wasn't this weekend, you all would have an extra team member. Heavily marinated of course.

Is anyone at PoorQue cooking on a BGE or Sapphire? i have a friend near Madison who wants to buy one and would like to see one in action.

Is anyone at PoorQue cooking on a BGE or Sapphire? i have a friend near Madison who wants to buy one and would like to see one in action.
Ramona is doing this one under her team and is going to be using my BGE... I'm sure that she wouldn't mind some one look over her shoulder...

Thanks Ron!

I am Ron's friend from the coffee world.

That may be a tough weekend for me as it is my 28th anniversary of marriage to my darling wife who is going along with this potential purchase (so far). I didn't make it 28 years by finding something else to do on my anniversary. We are spending that time at our cabin north of Eau Claire. So there is a (small) chance of us driving home that way. What time do things happen?

How many teams are signed up for this event?
Last I heard there were 25 teams with 5 first timers taking part.
Thanks Ron!

I am Ron's friend from the coffee world.

That may be a tough weekend for me as it is my 28th anniversary of marriage to my darling wife who is going along with this potential purchase (so far). I didn't make it 28 years by finding something else to do on my anniversary. We are spending that time at our cabin north of Eau Claire. So there is a (small) chance of us driving home that way. What time do things happen?
I'm not sure what her timing is going to me (she won't tell me:laugh::drama::laugh::drama::laugh:). My guess is that we'll be there mid-morning and she'll start late in the evening and be cooking through the next morning.

Remember that things get a bit nuts after say 9:30 the morning of turn-in.

Only 10 days left... Who's coming?!?!?

Looking forward to the weekend--rented a cabin too--granddaughter coming along so lookout--will be training her in the fine art of shigging<lol>

I will be there cooking with "Sweet Bourbon Smokers".... Our first time out... shooting for the big brass ring.... but I may cut and paste Scottie's remark for my teamates..... just in the event we only put 5 ribs in our box....

I will be there cooking with "Sweet Bourbon Smokers".... Our first time out... shooting for the big brass ring.... but I may cut and paste Scottie's remark for my teamates..... just in the event we only put 5 ribs in our box....

Just cause the cookers former owner does that doesnt mean you have too... Dont worry she usually doesnt read this forum but ya never know.

Back