• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My $45 CL Project

Texstrat

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I am new to the forum, so hello everyone. As I was researching some mods for the NBBD I picked up last week, I noticed a large number of threads coming from this site, so I thought I would join and also share some photos of my project smoker. I incorporated the smokestack, charcoal basket, baffle and diffuser/convection plate mods to the smoker. I completely took the smoker apart, sanded, painted, replaced all hardware and wood. I plan to season the smoker later this week.

Anyway, enough of my yammering and here are the photos.

before.jpg

after.JPG

charcoal basket.JPG

baffle.JPG

diffuser plate and smokestack mod.JPG

My total came to $100 plus 20 hours of labor. The hardest part was drilling all the holes in the plate. They start at 1/2" and go to 1". I figure that I can use 1" strips of steel to close off areas of the plate if I get hot spots. The baffle snugs up nicely on the plate and I cut it so there would be no heat and smoke leaking from the sides like some designs that I have seen.

Wow its shiny new. NBBD- does that mean bandera? B/c I thought that was a hondo.

Trump:

Looking at an old user manual, it should be the BD as it has the warmer on the fire box, also the legs bolt directly to the smoke chamber versus the "U" shaped legs. Although I could be wrong, it would not be the first time.

Sweet restore! I believe it's a "Black Diamond". A Bandera is a vertical offset.

Welcome brotha nicely done, you seem to catch on quick stay away from butcher paper its the antichrist!:becky: Jk

NB Black Diamond has 1 wooden shelf on the cooking chamber. Hondo has wire shelves on cooking chamber and fire box and no warming plate.

It looks excellent! Nice restore! It should give you years of enjoyment!! Cheers!!!

Back