• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Thaiwhole fish, shi-take, ginger and lemon rice(pr0n not Q)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Bought a whle snapper today.
Sliced the sides and doused it in flour.
Made a Thai classic sauce, tart and sweet, spicy and herbaceous.
Mushrooms and ginger, lemon and herbs like garlic chives, coriander , scallion.

I cooked onions and snow peas with dried shrimp and chili, and made lemon rice with coriander too.

When I lived in Thailand, I used to go to this little roadside restaurant opposite Hua Lamphong, Bangkok's main train station, and eat this whenever I could.

Thanks brethren
:yo:

I've tried everything, don't know why the images wont imbed

Last edited by a moderator:
No pics here either Bucc. Have a buddy that lives in Bangkok. Is that restaurant still there?

Dammit!
I tried and tried, I'll have another crack at it tomorrow as I am getting signals ATM!
Apologies mates.
:noidea:

No pics here either Bucc. Have a buddy that lives in Bangkok. Is that restaurant still there?
I don't know Westy, it was long ago.
It's on Rama IV road, opposite Hua Lamphong, if that helps.
There was a entrance to a hotel complex nearby, google shows that is still there.
Bangkok is jam packed with awesome food places.
Just up the street from there in Chinatown, there was a street vendor who made the most incredible chicken and bamboo shoot dish.
Mercedes Benzes would line the streets with rich people's drivers running downtown to buy it and bring it back to them to eat.

ThaiWholeFish_zps9d22bf1e.jpg

ThaiWholeFishplated_zps89133a34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There they are. Great lookin dish Bucc. Thanks for the info on the restaurant. I'll check and see if he's heard of it, or maybe still there.

I sure had to work hard to see that fish, and I dislike fish.

Nice bright colors though

Back