Anybody have a recipe for Canadian pepperoni?

Brian in Maine

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have a friend that is from Nova Scotia, and he brought me some Canadian pepperoni. It almost reminded me of a summer sausage. I have Googled it, and can't find any recipes for it, so I'm counting on the Brethren from the north to come through for me. TIA

Wow I have lived close to our northern friends all my life and never heard of such a product.

Watching this one

I think your friend may have been pullin your leg. Spent a ton of time traveling all over Ontario, and never heard of it. Canadian bacon is another story...

Nova scotia does a bunch of meat dishes slightly different than the rest of the country, so wouldn't be surprised if it is a much more localized thing. We don't have any special style of pepperoni that I have ever tried or seem recipes for.

was it Chris Bro brand...no idea on recipe.....probably top secret

That is one of the names that he mentioned, but I thought that there might be a generic recipe, as it is completely different than any pepperoni that I have ever had.

I despise Canadian pepperoni. We'll do a trade, I'll send you Canadian pepperoni...you send me real pepperoni.

Nova scotia does a bunch of meat dishes slightly different than the rest of the country, so wouldn't be surprised if it is a much more localized thing. We don't have any special style of pepperoni that I have ever tried or seem recipes for.
All Canadian pepperoni is different from the pepperoni in the US. Schneiders, MapleLeaf, to me that's not pepperoni...just spicy sausage.

You are right. This is nothing like the pepperoni that I have known all my life, as a matter of fact I never would have identified it as pepperoni. But different can be good.

All Canadian pepperoni is different from the pepperoni in the US. Schneiders, MapleLeaf, to me that's not pepperoni...just spicy sausage.

Hmmm...dont think Id call Chris Brothers pepperoni a spicy sausage...alot dryer than sausage imho

Fark!:mad: First they fark around with bacon, and now pepperoni too?:tsk:

Somebody stop these guys!!!:mad:

I know the Chris Bros pepperoni, it's really good. Made in the Halifax area. Very tasty!

Fark, my wife just threw some pepperoni in the shopping cart the other day. I said ok (hoping she would change her mind). She later did. :thumb: While the pepperoni is not pepperoni, and I accept that, I also don't care too much for it as a sausage. I also find most of the sausage to be too organic and too healthy. Fark, who wants to eat healthy sausage. :loco:

Give me some of that Maritime donair meat and I'll be happy. Now THAT is good sausage! :thumb: I think maybe tomorrow night....

Huh, learn something new every day!

Only time I ever have pepperoni is on pizza and I honestly can't tell a difference between the pepperoni on pizzas I have at home vs the states.... Good to know!

Rick the pepperoni connoisseur.
rickypep1.jpg

I lived in Goose Bay for two years, don't recall buying any local pepperoni. But then again I bought groceries on base.

As a life-long resident of Halifax, Nova Scotia, now you all have me wondering what "real" pepperoni actually tastes like. I've always had Chris Brothers, or their competition Brothers (don't ask, long story...) pepperoni on everything from pizza to deep-fried bar snacks.

I went out to dinner with my friend the other night, and it turns out that the pepperoni he gave me was Brothers.

Back