MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:57 AM   #16
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

Ronelle has.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #17
bbqpigskin
Full Fledged Farker

I have ordered Blues Hog Original from Hawgeyes and have had no problems. One of the problems with being a west coast BBQ guy is that we do not have easy access to some of the great sauces etc. from the midwest and the south. I can get some things on line, but ist would be great to be able to just go to the store and pick it up rather than stocking up with an online order. Luckily, there are Brethren who have helped out and been willing to help locate and send some of the stuff out here. Also, that is why the monthly (or so) trades are so great. I've received some great stuff from Brethren!

Bar-B-Chef offset
Ancient Weber Kettle
Weber Kettle Gold
Proud owner of "The Hog"
bbqpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #18
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-2-que View Post
anyone been to Hawgeye's storefront? i might just stop by there this coming weekend on way to des moines for the bbqlosa just wondering if they got alot to check out there.
I've heard from BBQ Mayor that it is well stocked and worth the visit. I hope I can get there on Friday for a bit. Hawgeye's will have a "store" onsite at the BBQlossal as well. They give away a new smoker to the GC.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #19
n-2-que
is one Smokin' Farker

just got answer back from them on email. looks like i will go by there saturday there storefront and check things out on the way to BBQlossa. ( also need to stop by sams see if they got any 10x20's yet /sigh and stopping by a restaurant supply house out there in des moines)
Cooker
CookShack- Fec100
BGE - Extra Large with Table
Weber- 22 inch Kettle

Old 06-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #20
Dale P
is One Chatty Farker

I met Bill at Sevierville and what a nice guy he is. My team helped him tear his site down and we loaded up on sauce, and made a friend all at the same time.

Perry Brothers & Sons Bar-B-Q
Dale P is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #21
Mooner
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mooner

[quote=Plowboy;406088]I've got three cases of Tenn Red gallons if you want. I also know of a cheap place here in KC that has gallons. My own little secret. quote]

LOL is that place by Lake Lottawana??

MOFO Chapter
Blue Moon Porkers
Yoder ys1500 / Masterbuilt 1050 / Pit Barrel Cooker
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #22
Freda
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

If your looking for something new and different I would suggest Staley's BBQ Sauce. I only suggest this because I'm currently working with a manufacturer in south Mo to make this for me. I don't currently have anything for sale to speak of but if you look up Freda's Redneck BBQ or In Deep Sauce at the next event we will be more than happy to sell you a jar. Sedalia is our next event or contact me via snail mail.

If all goes well it will be on the shelf by August in several of KC area stores.

Freda
Freda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2007, 05:14 PM   #23
Plowboy

[quote=BadBoysBBQ;406573]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
I've got three cases of Tenn Red gallons if you want. I also know of a cheap place here in KC that has gallons. My own little secret. quote]

LOL is that place by Lake Lottawana??
Don't know what you are talking about. They MAY have Yardbird Rub at that place of which I don't know about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freda View Post
If your looking for something new and different I would suggest Staley's BBQ Sauce. I only suggest this because I'm currently working with a manufacturer in south Mo to make this for me. I don't currently have anything for sale to speak of but if you look up Freda's Redneck BBQ or In Deep Sauce at the next event we will be more than happy to sell you a jar. Sedalia is our next event or contact me via snail mail.

If all goes well it will be on the shelf by August in several of KC area stores.

Freda
Hey Freda!! Did you Cattle Call yet?

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler

Old 06-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #24
Jaberwabee
is One Chatty Farker

I also have a chime in. I just found out that a very good friend of mine. (known 5-6 years is also into BBQ) In fact he has his own sauce and will be at the Royal with ABS (American Barbeque Systems). I guess I didnt know him that well. It's Heffy's and it is alittle different but rather sweet so kind of main stream. http://www.heffys.com/ They won the people's choice award at the Royal last year. Not trying to make a pitch but if you like it I can get you in touch with Mike. It is also made at the same plant as Blues Hog. I personally like BH Tenn Red better.
1 Rib Machine Chargriller Pro Hella Mod (Retired)
2 Bubba Keg (One HOT MOTHER, One LOW N SLOW)
1 22" Performer
Yoder YS-640 is the next cooking device.
Jaberwabee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #25
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freda View Post

Freda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaberwabee View Post
I also have a chime in. I just found out that a very good friend of mine. (known 5-6 years is also into BBQ) In fact he has his own sauce and will be at the Royal with ABS (American Barbeque Systems). I guess I didnt know him that well. It's Heffy's and it is alittle different but rather sweet so kind of main stream. http://www.heffys.com/ They won the people's choice award at the Royal last year. Not trying to make a pitch but if you like it I can get you in touch with Mike. It is also made at the same plant as Blues Hog. I personally like BH Tenn Red better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post

Hey Freda!! Did you Cattle Call yet?
WOW, lots of great new sauces out there.

Should be interesting

TIM

Old 06-05-2007, 05:46 PM   #26
Freda
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Long time ago, I just don't post all that often yet I read most every day. I also had a little problem with the High Tech Paperless Machine. I'll revisit the Cattle Call
Freda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #27
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-2-que View Post
anyone been to Hawgeye's storefront? i might just stop by there this coming weekend on way to des moines for the bbqlosa just wondering if they got alot to check out there.
I used to live around the corner from their store. This is also where I get my Iowa products for the trading post. If you need directions let me know.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #28
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
I used to live around the corner from their store. This is also where I get my Iowa products for the trading post. If you need directions let me know.
I'm staying in Ankeny Wednesday night and maybe Thursday night. Will definitely be checking it out.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:45 PM   #29
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Todd, you have mail.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2007, 07:21 AM   #30
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaberwabee View Post
A friend of mine is doing some printing (t-shirts, etc)for these folks. Alice, dropped me off some of thier sauce. Very interesting. They are selling it at Dean & Deluca in Leawood, KS for $9-12/bottle.... and can't keep it in. D&D is a very high end deli - so expect to pay 3-4 less per bottle when it hits the grocery store, is what I heard I think D&D is where Jeff (Big Creek) first found his awardwinning muscavado sugar, right Jeff? Who knew a lil deli would be on the cutting edge of BBQ .....