Blackstone yay or nah?

I was unaware Blackstone had a 22" , i don't believe i seen it on their website, and i don't shop HSC. I was only interested in comparing the two that are available to me which was the 28 and 36 and i didn't like the idea of only two burners. Thanks for the extra input though.

I'd wager that his post has more to do with the fact that you didn't follow the flow of the conversation. You jumped in and commented on one of his posts without taking into account anything he had said previously. When he tried to explain it to you, you kind of doubled down. You then tripled down with your next to last statement, and have now quadrupled down.

You might try going to the very start of the thread and reading all the posts to follow the flow of the discussion. If you do, you'll see that Unix's statements are straightforward, on point and very educational.

I love my blackstone but the only complaint I have is the grease trough is to shallow and the drain is poor to me.... I have modified several for people including my own..... made a deeper trough and better drain

The grease no longer will get on my concrete.. I added handles to and my neighbor built a very nice custom cover for 125$$$$

Awesome job, but then again, what would we expect from you? I hope you've been doing well. Can you believe it will be three years in August since I was there with my giant red Southern Pride smoker that you gracefully stored for me? How time flies. Hope to stop in and see you again soon. Looks like building smokers is keeping you guys BUSY!

David

I love my blackstone but the only complaint I have is the grease trough is to shallow and the drain is poor to me.... I have modified several for people including my own..... made a deeper trough and better drain

The grease no longer will get on my concrete.. I added handles to and my neighbor built a very nice custom cover for 125$$$$

I like the Handles. You should invest in pneumatic tools instead of electric if you ever decide to do this type of work for a living. :biggrin1:

Go for the bigger one....you don't have to use all 4 burners all the time but when you do, you will be happy.mSome pancakes and bacon easily fill up the 36". Price difference isn't too prohibitive so definitely the 36"

Go for the bigger one....you don't have to use all 4 burners all the time but when you do, you will be happy.mSome pancakes and bacon easily fill up the 36". Price difference isn't too prohibitive so definitely the 36"

That about sums up the reason I went with the larger one!

Like others have said, buy the bigger one, season it well, and rig the grease drain. It is an outstanding addition to an arsenal, and really fun to cook on. If you get one, you most likely will not regret it. Especially for the price point...

Nice! I fixed the grease drip issue with a little bit of high heat JB weld. Doesn't look great but it adds enough to break the surface tension and keep the grease from running back down the bottom of the rail. A deeper trough would be nice because thats about the only time I get any splatter. If Im cooking a lot of something thats really greasy, I sometimes get a little over kill with trying to clean and overload the trough.

Back