Grill Kings-Long Island, NY-July 15 and 16 (KCBS)

BBQ Brethren - Brothers in Smoke(thats us).... will be there. :)

Bad Bones BBQ Crew will be there !!!!!!!!

Should be real fun, especially if we all get the Brethren teams lined up together in one row as Phil wanted.

South Shore Smokers will be there hope the rest of the brethren take all the spots after my 1st place finish:biggrin:

Gonna tell a tale on PooBah and probably regret it.
But, ya gotta live dangerously sometimes :redface:

At Key Largo last fall- DRBBQ was across from us. Not 20 feet away.
Phil was visiting.
Guess what Ray had displayed on his table??????--YUP a gorgeous belt from Grill Kings.
That thing is IMPRESSIVE :lol:

I credit Phil for handling it well (kinda) but--he wants that sucker--and he wants it BAD!
And Ray wants to keep it.

Gonna be really interesting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TIM

Well as you surmised Two Fat Polocks will be there...Phil, I heard you reserved a bunch of spaces so we can all be together. I think Doc BBQ, I like Smoke N Lightning and Ique will also be there. I am really psyched for Grill Kings.....:cool::biggrin:

Tim, thank you for helping with the title.

If we are grouped together that means i have to admit in public i know you guys! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sledneck said:
If we are grouped together that means i have to admit in public i know you guys! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just wear your BBQ Brethren t-shirt inside out....no one will ever know.....:cool: :biggrin:

Wow, heres the list of Brethren Teams competing at Grill Kings at this point.

1. BBQ Brethren (Poobah)
2. Bad Bones BBQ Crew (Militant Squatter)
3. I Like Smoke-n-Lightning (Rbsnwngs)
4. South Shore Smokers (Sledneck)
5. Bonesmokers (Dr. BBQ)
6. Two Fat Polocks BBQ Team (Sawdustguy)
7. *Team Name Unknown* (Rookiedad)

If I missed anyone please speak up.

I think rockaway beachbq is also competing

We will be in the fEAR THE PIG section

Here is the latest count of Brethren Teams that are competing at Grill Kings - Long Island, NY July 15th and 16th (KCBS)

1. BBQ Brethren (Poobah)
2. Bad Bones BBQ Crew (Militant Squatter)
3. I Like Smoke-n-Lightning (Rbsnwngs)
4. South Shore Smokers (Sledneck)
5. Bonesmokers (Dr. BBQ)
6. Two Fat Polocks BBQ Team (Sawdustguy)
7. *Team Name Unknown* (Rookiedad)
8. I QUE (ique)
9. BabylonGrillies (BBQPETE)

I may just judge this one. If I can score a weber kettle I will grill on Saturday. I may have a sponsorship opportunity from my school, that needs further investigating.

There are one big hindrance to my entering. I factory ordered a new Xterra 4x4 OffRoad edition (the OR has better handling for towing). The truck should arrive in August. So I would need to borrow a truck to move my ceramic cooker, and I also want to make as big a down payment as possible. I figure Grill Kings is a $500 weekend easy.

I still hope to compete somewhere this summer, either at Hudson Valley Ribfest or Lowell Rib n' Brews.

list of vendors at contest

BBQ Vendors: (Serving BBQ throughout the entire event) Big Daddy’s of Massapequa: serving Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket and sides.
The Hog House of Huntington: serving Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket and sides.
Big Boy’s Grill of Uniondale: serving Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket and sides.
Laura’s BBQ Roadhouse of Bellmore: serving Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket and sides.
Buddy’s Bar-B-Q of Floral Park: serving Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Pretzels and Corn.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's coming down to the wire. There's 9 days to go. I heard from Willy B that there are 38 teams registered so far. I am really looking forward to the contest so I can meet some of the Brethren Teams I have not met yet. It should be alot of fun. On behalf of the Two Fat Polocks, we wish you all the best of luck.

Can't wait to pull in and set up .....

Does anyone know the right time that teams can enter the site and check in ?

The cooks packet said 7AM and then an e-mail I received said 5:30AM...
Not sure which is correct.

Phil - Is the "Brethren Row" a lock ? If so, do we need to advise them at check in or do they have these sites set aside for sure ?

Back