AR open question

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I looked through the sticky but don't have a lot of time to read through 170 + posts this morning:icon_blush:

I wonder if I can bother you all to help me figure out how to deal with all the stuff we can order for the comp, like ice. Does a person need to get this stuff from them in advance, or can we get ice when we are there - as we need it? Is there anything else that I should be thinking about getting in advance from the AR folks?

Ice - you can pre-order or just wave down a gator when they drive by and pay for it. When you check in, your goodie bag will have a nice handy sheet with phone numbers to call when you need something - ice, water, security, beer, meat inspection, trash removal - about everything except a good night kiss hotline (just wander over to the dark side if you need one - I'm sure even you can find some takers).

If you have an RV, come with the tank filled - getting that refilled and draining gray water are a bigger issue - if possible at all (may depend on your exact site and who you find willing to help you)

I would make sure you have your electrical needs in order (add-on form is due tomorrow 9/3). For each cord you run from an AR outlet, you will need an AR tag on it. If they find one going to a site that has not been tagged and you don't have a tag for it, they will DQ you and ask you to leave.

Are they hurting for teams this year? I seen they extended the on-line app until Sept 3rd.

Make sure you order at least one bag of Kingsford to qualify for the double prize money.

I don't think Kingsford is doubling the payout this year, but it is a Kingsford event and the team with the most points that signed up for it, will receive some payout.

I think - I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so it's more than just a little bit possible that I'm wrong here.

kingsford is not doubling the pay out in the open, only the invitational, and the add on ap is for just that ad ons... not entry

As soon as you get there, call for ice, water and whatever else you need. It may get there by the time you need it. I'm just saying it was a little slow. :rolleyes:

Back