good Q in Dallas area

billm

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
any Brethren from the Dallas area? Got a coworker down there for the week jonesing for some good BBQ but doesnt know where to go. He went to one place called Red Hot & Blue and said it wasnt all that good. I would appreicate any recommendations I could send his way

What area makes a difference. Dallas is spread out. Let us know what part of Dallas.

he said he is in Downtown Dallas but can go anywhere in the Dallas area

Not BBQ, but the Ole Hickory Steakhouse at Gaylord's (Hotel) near the airport is a must!

Baby Back Shak is really good also. Not in the best part of town. Close to the Dallas police dept.

thanks all..was wondering what happened to the thread

Baker's Ribs used to be decent when I worked in Downtown Dallas.

There is also a newer joint just north of DFW Airport called the Hard Eight BBQ that is pretty good. He can google their website for directions. You order right off the pits, it is weighed and then you go inside to pay. Not cheap but... If he goes there, tell him to skip the sides and just get the meat. They give you bread and they have a free bean pot... beans were pretty good too.

James.

Baker's Ribs used to be decent when I worked in Downtown Dallas.

There is also a newer joint just north of DFW Airport called the Hard Eight BBQ that is pretty good. He can google their website for directions. You order right off the pits, it is weighed and then you go inside to pay. Not cheap but... If he goes there, tell him to skip the sides and just get the meat. They give you bread and they have a free bean pot... beans were pretty good too.

James.
Thanks James..Ill let him know

Sorry he didn't like red hot and blue... They have great pulled pork and their bbq sauce is great in that they have a few varieties. What exactly didn't he like about it. If I knew that, it would let me know what places to refer to him.

Sonny Bryans is famous for their ribs, he might want to try there. There are a bunch of hole in the wall joints that are good too.

Back