Lawrence Sertoma 48 BBQ

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Heard from Wayne a few minutes ago. The Mokan Meatheads had a successful day and got a 1st place call! Hopefully he'll be around to fill everyone in later! Way to go Meatheads! Congrats!

CK
1 Mokan Meatheads
2 B B Dot
3 Tom and Josh's Orgasmic Slabs
4 Hot Meat Smokers
5 Blowin Smoke
6 Ribs 4 U
7 The Meatrix
8 Just For Fun
9 No Gut No Glory
10 Hole In The Wall BBQ

RB
1 Hot Meat Smokers
2 The Pickled Pig
3 Beaux Hogs BBQ
4 Four Men and a Pig
5 Smoke N Things
6 Blowin Smoke
7 PDT
8 Brew N Bar B Que
9 Sweet Old Buzzards
10 Muchin Hogs at the Hilton

PK
1 PDT
2 Hot Meat Smokers
3 Flying Saucer BBQ
4 Muchin Hogs at the Hilton
5 Parrothead Smokers
6 Swine Tingling BBQ
7 Blowin Smoke
8 Mad Hogs & an Englishman
9 The Meatrix
10 B B Dot

BR
1 Blowin Smoke
2 Four Men and a Pig
3 Chillbilly Smoke Squad
4 JR
5 Brew N Bar B Que
6 Mokan Meatheads
7 Smokin Salmons
8 Forth Floor View BBQ
9 Pigs In Heat
10 The Pickled Pig

OA
GC Blownin Smoke
RGC Hot Meat Smokers
3 Four Men and a Pig
4 PDT
5 Munchin Hogs at the Hilton
6 Tom and Josh's Orgasmic Slabs
7 The Pickled Pig
8 Brew N Bar B Que
9 No Gut No Glory
10 Smoke N Things

Great contest, great weather, great reps, great organizer and volunteers.
Congrats to all.
Greg

Grats to you and Eric on the Chicken, Greg! It was a good day for a contest! Did the wind mess with your canopies at all?

Thanks Jeff, nothing of ours except the chicken did worth a hoot, even though I thought it was all decent.

Congrats to Wayne on the chicken and brisket, and 11th overall, great!

It was real windy friday, but the ezup's were staked, and guyed with ropes, no problem,,,,,,,,

Paola Greg said:
Thanks Jeff, nothing of ours except the chicken did worth a hoot, even though I thought it was all decent.

Congrats to Wayne on the chicken and brisket, and 11th overall, great!

It was real windy friday, but the ezup's were staked, and guyed with ropes, no problem,,,,,,,,

Congrats Wayne!! Sorry we didnt make it out on Friday night.... Truck is STILL in the shop... but that's another story...

Man, your chicken killing them this year. :cool:

Great calls against some great competition. Greg, congrats on your call too!!

Jeff_in_KC said:
Heard from Wayne a few minutes ago. The Mokan Meatheads had a successful day and got a 1st place call! Hopefully he'll be around to fill everyone in later! Way to go Meatheads! Congrats!

You don't want the details, trust me! All I can say is that it was another memorable contest for all the right and wrong reasons--ask Wayne about the Billy Idol alarm clock at 2AM and KCBS reps slapping our hands the next morning!!!

Wayne actually turned to me when they announced #2 chic and said, "Fark, there's no way our chicken was 1st place chicken!" VERY pleasant surprise!

This one ranks up ther with Osage City on the way it is run and very prompt awards--we nearly missed the chicken call they started so early!

Holy cow, Bob! KCBS reps slapping y'all??? :shock: Wayne left that part out! Don't they have ANY sense of humor?? :roll: I gotta hear more about that contest, no doubt. And you all got in trouble even WITHOUT having the 'rita machine there with you? You all are incredible! :lol:

I was just curious to see if anyone got to chat with the team named "Hot Meat Smokers" just a good freind of mines father.

chris

Thanks guys - I believe we have chicken down. Now if only Bob knew how to cook ribs :lol:

Chris - I didn't get a chance to talk with Harold from Hot Meat Smokers. He almost pulled a repeat!!

catfishchris21 said:
I was just curious to see if anyone got to chat with the team named "Hot Meat Smokers" just a good freind of mines father.

chris

Harold has been doin his thing around KC for years. He's a friend of ours also. I didn't make it out to lawrence - but I'm sure I will see him in the next couple weeks. He's a stand-up guy if there ever was one.

I am not for sure, who all is on the Meat Makers Team, but Henry is a very nice guy to talk to. Do you know if any of the Meat Maker members are on this site?

chris

I missed this one while I was away :evil:
Sorry.

CONGRATS to all the guys!
Sounds like "interesting" happenings :lol:

TIM

Back