MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
scm1226
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Weber customer service?

Ok I have to admit I have had really good experiences with their customer service but this past week I called them about an issue with my OTG and the welds that keep the brackets of the cooking grate on- its falling off. They said it was covered but they needed pictures.( ok, so I sent them). I also sent them the picture of the dae stamp on top.
No response from them? Weird Isn't it?
Last time I had an issue with my gasser and the cooking grates they sent them out no questions asked. Just wondering if anyone else thinks this is weird?
scm1226 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
el_matt
Babbling Farker

It seemed to take a while to get my kettle hubcaps, so I called them. They said if I didn't get them in a day or two, to call back. They showed up in the mail that day. Weber CS is GREAT!!! Call them back and explain your situation, and see what they say. I imagine they get tons of contacts per day, and your issue may have fallen through the cracks. Don't worry, they'll take great care of you. Prior to joining The Brethren, I thought that Weber was over priced and over rated. After I got my kettle, and had to deal with their CS, my mind was changed 100%. I can't say enough about them an their service.

Matt
el_matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
Captain Stupid
Got Wood.

They might just send them to you. I was lucky enough to score a wsm from HD the other week for $56, only to find the lid and bottom assembly were damaged. They asked that I send them pictures, which I did on Saturday. I did not get a response, but today I did have two giant boxes on my doorstep.
Captain Stupid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
Harbormaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Clark

I would not be surprised that they asked for the pics because you are not looking for hubcaps, or a handle, or something small.
You are asking for Weber to replace the entire OTG bowl. They want to be sure it's broken before they send it.
Brinkman Cimmaron.
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I have almost all superb feedback for their customer service ......except for the call about a week ago. I wanted to buy the handle and bracket for a One Touch Platinum. You know, the lid with the long handle. I have been asked by several people to make a wooden handle and I don't own a Platinum so.....

The CS representative said they would send me one at no charge although I said I would be happy to pay. Today, I got the little handle that comes on most Weber lids. I've got enough of those laying around here I should sell them!

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
caseydog

I've had mostly great customer service from Weber, but a few times, the people didn't know how to help me get parts. But, the kettle I was referring to was almost as old as the person I was talking to.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
MrVza
Knows what a fatty is.

Best customer service by far...
MrVza is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
Fat Freddy
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Fred

It seems like the customer service is great for Weber but when I hear issues all of them are within a few days of one another. What I mean is I neither hear or read complaints for months then in a 3 day period there are a few then nothing for a long time then again a couple in a day or 2 time period.

When I called Webers customer service about 7-8 months ago on wanting to buy replacement parts for my WSM but nothing was listed on their website. I talked to a lady that was tough to understand but from what I could understand she was telling me that they dont sell parts for the Smokey Mountain. Since it wasnt a warranty claim or anything I just let it go, but that day on the weber bullet forum there was a person who was saying almost the exact same stuff that I did. By the next day myself and one other person had put the same stuff for close to the same time on the same day. We all said the same thing about a lady that was hard to understand.

I just think maybe I got someone new. I have had much worse dealings with other companies so I am more than willing to give Weber the benefit of the doubt.
Fat Freddy is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
mbshop
Babbling Farker

yea, it seems they don't use their email. i got really upset cuz i never recieved an answer after 3 emails. then the warranty parts just showed up. nothing from them one way or the other before that. so i think that it's one of those "no news is good news". so i'm still not that impressed as their customer relations really suck.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #10
Midnight Smoke

For a company with the reputation as Weber has, it does not bother me if a few issue fell between the cracks. They seem to always take care of the customer. That says a lot about the quality of service. Sometimes there is more to the story than what is stated.

*** Terry ~ aka Pork Smoker ***

** XL-BGE Hatched 06/20/2008 09:42 pm **
* Couple Weber Kettles, CharGriller, UDS *
* Ultra Fast Red Thermapen *
Projects
Kamado Restoration
Bandera Restoration

Midnight Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #11
scm1226
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks for all the responses. I will keep you all up to date after I hear from them. I hope no news is good news. I love all of my webers (6) I wouldnt change that.
scm1226 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #12
cheeaa
Full Fledged Farker

I love them. when i ordered an OTG from Amazon, it got to me with a huge chip on the lid. I called them up, told them the situation and the lday said they'll send out a new one. I asked if they wanted pictures or for me to send the old one back and she said dont worry about it, just do whatever you want with it. literally two days later (I called on a saturday) I had a new lid. Now I have an extra if I decide to make a UDS.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #13
troytime
Full Fledged Farker

their service is great, but they kinda suck at email (email skill is dependent on the individual representative)

last fall i had to send in a pic. i waited 2 weeks and never heard back.
I resent the email and CCed the main customer service email address.
I received a response back the same day and had a new bowl on my doorstep the very next day.
troytime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #14
Phubar

Weber service on this side of The Pond is most excellent!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
buccaneer

Weber service in Australia is extraordinary.
Should be too at 300% higher prices than the USA!