MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
woodhappens
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default BBQ Trailer/ Truck

Good day, I am working on a trailer/ Box van for catering/ Competion unit. Looking to do this smoker here.
http://www.cookshack.com/store/Smoke...k-Model-FEC120

Anyone have issues with this smoker? I do not want a pellet but have to have NSF no matter what have to pass inspetion.

Thanks for your time and energy on this matter.
Joe
woodhappens is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Hombrerana
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Hey Joe - I'm in a similar situation, setting up a food truck out here in the Peoples Republic of Western Washington....

I looked at the Fast Eddies and while I like the idea, the width of the unit and the need to access the firebox from the side are deal breakers. I may have narrowed it down to the Ole' Hickory CTO.

http://www.olehickorypits.com/PitMod...ri%20Oven.aspx

As it will be inside the truck I like that it uses gas rather than electricity and will not need it's own separate flu as they would require here for any "solid fuel appliance" (which the FECs are as they use pellets as the heat source). On the other hand, you can also use it as a stick burner for competition.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

The FEC 120 must be operated under a hood if it is inside due to the exhaust.
Makes it pricey unless you are doing a large hood already.

FEC 100 can be vented directly through a wall (like mine) or through the roof.

Beyond that, don't know what to suggest since you do not want pellets anyway.

Good Luck

TIM

Old 01-23-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I use southern pride...all nsf....and I cook while rolling down the road..they have a smaller unit also..I have Sp 500 and 700 and are real work horses...

Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #5
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellyBBQ View Post
I use southern pride...all nsf....and I cook while rolling down the road..they have a smaller unit also..I have Sp 500 and 700 and are real work horses...
Wait..... with a SP you can actually have the thing cooking WHILE you are driving? Am I reading that right?
[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Fast Eddy's Cookshack:[/B] Dual FEC120s
[B]Meadow Creek:[/B] BBQ42
[B]Weber:[/B] Ranch Kettle, 22.5 WSM, OTG 22.5
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]
[B]Crown Verity gassers:[/B] 4 MCBs from 36-72 inch
[B]Instagram/[/B][B][B]Twitter[/B]/Facebook: [/B]@tailgatejoe
[B]Youtube: @tailgatejoedotcom[/B]
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

yep...I have an on board gen set..or a long extension cord..
Joe....I have not been too happy with some of the new Bills coaches until I see what you guys hired...What the heck is the matter with the Bills and Jets?? Glad we know our job...