Looking into a pellet pooper....

Yoder rules the roost in the pellet pooping world. YS640 is great, if you have the extra money get the comp cart. It makes it really easy to wheel around and it looks cool.

Got this Englander about a month ago. Made in the USA. Really been enjoying it. Got a brisket on it for supper tonight.:-D

Attachments

• Englander.jpg
    Englander.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I've used the Englander to cook all kinds of stuff but today I've got
Poblano peppers roasting on the left hot side (wife will be stuffing these later today) and plenty of real estate for the brisket on the right. You can see a cast iron grate directly over the heat source for any direct cooking you might want to do. It's a nice setup.

http://englanderstoves.com/pelletgrills.html

Attachments

• Englander cooking.jpg
    Englander cooking.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I would purchase the yoder. Unfortunately I cannot follow my own advice, as I live in Alaska and shipping would be almost the cost of the smoker. Looks like a traeger will be in my future... Sigh

Soooo........Yoder, or Rec Tec? And why???

I've not seen Rec Tec (on line only) but have seen Yoder. Yoder looks like a BBQ pit. Seriously they would have to smush 3 or 4 Traegers together to get the mass of one Yoder. I don"t care for the design of the red Rec Tec, the backward looking long horn handles or the red color with the matching red smoke stack cap. I would rather have a pink Traeger pig pit than that red Rec Tech.

No idea how either cooks, which should be the determining factor. But I still don't want a pink or red BBQ pit. I know these comments are not PC.:icon_blush:

Jsn

Thanks bbqgeekess, I have really enjoyed cooking with a pellet smoker vs the charcoal that I've been using for many years. A couple of weeks ago I smoked a 12 lb Boston Butt overnight for my wifes luncheon at work. Started it about 9pm. Filled the hopper with hickory pellets and went to bed. Got up the next morning about 5am and checked my internal meat temp and it was 170ish, right on target. Wrapped it in foil and continued cooking for 2 more hours. After that I kept it good and warm until lunch. Everybody raved over how good it was.

I would purchase the yoder. Unfortunately I cannot follow my own advice, as I live in Alaska and shipping would be almost the cost of the smoker. Looks like a traeger will be in my future... Sigh

Don't worry, the Traegers are awesome too. They pretty much invented the pellet cooker and make a good product. There are a ton of pictures of modifications people have done to theirs too to make them even better.

I had a traeger before getting the Englander and I really enjoyed that smoker too. I had that Jr. Elite model and it was a perfect size for a couple of whole chickens.

Back