Road Food to Panama City Suggestions

jawpaul

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'll be headed down to Panama City, Florida next month. I'll be looking for places to eat there, but more importantly where I should stop and eat on the drive down.

Right now it looks like we will be passing through Chattanooga, Birmingham, Montgomery for our path down there and back.

I think the driving will be done on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday for most part.

Between Dothan and Ozark is "Webb's 231 BBQ".
About mile marker 31 or so on HWY 231.
On the West side of the road.
Open from about 10AM till...

Don't blink or you will miss it!

Stuff is so good, the ribs and pork would be comp ready with a little work. :-D

Enjoy PC.
We have lived there and I used to have a charter boat there and drove dive boats for others.
Can be a fun place and the beaches are beautiful.

Have Fun

TIM

If your in the Birmingham area bout eating time you could check out Full Moon or Jim and Nicks. Theres an old school joint still doin open pit called Carlise's in the downtown Birmingham area. A little south of town is a place called Tin Roof BBQ they have just about any sauce you could want on the table. I would avoid Golden Rule as they were bought out by some national chain and the food has gone down hill.

Big Bob Gibson's is in Decatur off of I-65 while your heading south, about a 10 minute drive into to town but more than worth the detour, make sure if you stop to go to the "original location" off of 6th avenue (hwy 31) and not the one off of the beltline. Grew up eating gibson's in decatur and the 6th avenue location is much better/consistent.

I have to agree with chaos above, Jim and Nicks (in homewood anyway) and Full Moon are both great spots as well!

I am visiting in Anniston, AL right now. We drove down Hwy 65 to Florida on Friday and ate at the "Smokehouse" in Greenville, AL located close to the Hwy at the PineApple hwy intersection. Ihad beef plate, wife had pork and grandaughter had chicken---all were excellant even though we arrived 5 minutes before closing time. I would eat there again.

Leonard Sanders Chuck Wagon BBQ Co Palermo CA

Between Dothan and Ozark is "Webb's 231 BBQ".
About mile marker 31 or so on HWY 231.
On the West side of the road.
Open from about 10AM till...

Don't blink or you will miss it!

Stuff is so good, the ribs and pork would be comp ready with a little work. :-D
Enjoy PC.
We have lived there and I used to have a charter boat there and drove dive boats for others.
Can be a fun place and the beaches are beautiful.
Have Fun TIM

I like 'Webb's' on 231. Good food and good service.
In B-ham I also like 'Full Moon BBQ' and 'Jim & Nicks' in Trussville. (Off I-59)
Jim & Nicks has a Habanero BBQ sauce for us serious pepper heads.

Back