• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Deferred to the March BOD meeting

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Discussion on the 90 day rule and motion to change to 60 days. Wayne initially proposed a motion at the 2-17 meeting and then after a little discussion asked to defer it to the regular March meeting so more info can be available.

Competitor series. Now that 8 of Ron Cates contests have been moved to the Competitor series the BOD needs to establish rules for sanctioning. As it stands they must follow same paperwork and sanctioning schedule. Also it was agreed that it would be a good idea to have any rule changes in place at the 90 day mark so cooks can understand the changes (if any). Competitor series does not count for TOY and does not count for master cbj. The organizer can add categories to count toward GC. To date only LPQ and kids Q (chanpionship I think) have been done under Competitor series.

Note: During the special BOD meeting there was no discussion of a Phoenix contest and a Phoenix contest is not part of the Competitor series motion that was passed.

It looks like the BOD will have lots to do to get ready for the March meeting.

If the BarbeQlossal comes back when the pork industry has a few more dollars, I think the Competitor Series would be a nice Sanctioning situation for it. In fact, I think it opens up some opportunities for some other whole hog (or other) competitions in KCBS.

If the BarbeQlossal comes back when the pork industry has a few more dollars, I think the Competitor Series would be a nice Sanctioning situation for it. In fact, I think it opens up some opportunities for some other whole hog (or other) competitions in KCBS.
Bingo. It lets organizers have flexibility to make category changes. And so long as they cook the minimum required by AR and Jack the only thing really lost is the KCBS TOY points. It mau impact a few teams or it may put TOY back into perspective. it's a grea honor but only a handful can really spend the time to seriously compete for it.

And it protects existing KCBS contests as it still requires an approval process by the BOD. Don't underestiamte this power. Keeping a contest off the KCBS website and out of the Bullsheet does cut down on the audience for your contest.

I wonder why they didn't take away Tryons "grandfather clause" when they crapped out? I know its back on NOW, but, ya know?

Well I suppose you could write the BOD and ask them. Maybe it's an oversight. But now that it's back on it's too late to change it.

. To date only LPQ and kids Q (chanpionship I think) have been done under Competitor series.

We did one @ West Coast in 2008, alongside the regular KCBS contest, the competitor series was the minor leagues (Chicken, Ribs & Tri Tip), can cook on anything etc.

CBJ's don't get a signature for MCBJ and therefore don't "want" to judge this.

Ben,
For clarification, a CBJ will received a signature and credit for judging a KCBS contest to count for Master Judge status, at our traditional (masters) sanctioned contest or at a competitive contest, if the CBJ in fact judged under "KCBS Rules of Judging" all four of the meats. (chicken, ribs, pork (butt, shoulder, picnic) and brisket.)

The competitive sanctioned contests, may have all types of other variations, which will not "normally" affect the above statement. (I am certain someone will find an exception. LOL)

No signature will be given if all four are not present.

Merl

I suspect that if BarbeQlossal where to come back alive for this year, it would continue to be grandfathered.

Back