Brethren, need advice....

Hot Grill on Grill Logan

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Brethren, I'm sure this has happened to some of yourselves so I wanted to see how you handled it. There is a team that has begun competing as "Grill on Grill Action". Our team is "Hot Grill on Grill Action". We've been competing as HGOGA since 2006 or 2007. This week, we received a handful of emails from our friends competing in Lenexa alerting us that a team is using our name. Although it's not our name exactly, we don't want anyone confusing us with them since we have a published book under our name. I'm sure they are good people and it's a coincidence. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Last edited:
Obvious rip off of your name but maybe just an innocent coincidence (doubtful).

I would contact them and explain nicely how and why this could effect you guys negatively in reputation and financial ways.

Honestly I doubt there is anything you could do unless they deliberately tried to profit from pretending they were you guys.

Be nice.........until it's time to not be nice :grin:

I was there. Saw them. Pretty sure I saw them there about 4 years ago when we first started cooking that comp - although, as always, my memory is fuzzy after so many comps. If I am not mistaken, several years ago they were called and the gentlemen that walked wore only a speedo.

Back