Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read, USA is construction scraps and junk.
Mexico lump is actual tree and hard woods.

Pictures and discussions a page or so back here.

Oh wow , that is disturbing. I had it the other way around. I bought a 30 lb bag at BJ's ...haven't opened it yet. Thanks for the tip

I grabbed 5 double 20 pounders in the Home Depot "Black Friday In April" sale.
I never seem to have enough!

wait wait wait, so stores are selling early now for mem day?

im almost out of lump. i just have the 50 pounds of mesquite at my house left. to big to smoke with. average size is 8 inch diameter and 14 or so inches long.

Anybody up near Buffalo,NY, Willowbrook Farms in the Niagara Frontier Food Terminal carries Mali's lump (pretty good stuff) for $9.99/20 lb bag. $0.4995 per lb.

My local Wally World has been selling KBB for $0.50 per pound for a couple of months. Usually double 13's for $12.99. I know the Memorial Day sale is usually better, but I have been buying it as I need it awaiting something better.

I hope Lowe's has a Stubbs sale this year.

I thought Blows stopped carrying Stubbs (at least around here). Wallyworld now sells it for about a buck cheaper.

Speaking of Stubbs, I picked up a bag of Stubbs lump @ Costco $15.99 for a 34lb bag or something like that. Not sure what type of wood it's made from, but it cooked some killer Ribeyes Sunday.

I'm on my second bag of Academy "ridge" charcoal briquettes. No complaints at all. They light easy, and seem to have less ash than kf blue. @ $4.99 for 16.6lb bag normal price, I can't wait for the 2 for 1 sale lol.

10197806.jpg

I paid $5.88 for 2X15 lb. Kingsford had there marketing down to an art. Good thing phones have calculators.

yup, sounds about right. I'll be going bannanas this year if they have prices as good as those were

BTW this is the way you want to do it... place orders in lots of 4. This way you save $5 for every order.

Yep...
Picked mine up last night. (Cowboy Lump, to be clear).
Made in Mexico.
I should've taken pics...sorry.

This is NOT lumberyard scraps. The only I saw so far are TOO BIG of pieces, a nice problem to have, especially for the low and slow folks such as myself.

So, based on look at quality, great price.

I'm cooking butts Friday, Large butts, nearly 22lbs for the pair...so I'll see how they cook/burn/temp on Friday. If it turns out well, I'll be buying more online and shipping to store. It's cheaper to buy 4 online and use the code then it is to walk in and buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back