First Chuck Roast smoke

LittleHill Smoke

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well here's my first chuck roasts I smoked up for the Superbowl. Used Plowboys Bovine for the rub then add some Montreal rub just before it went on the WSM. Temp. was 250 for about nine hours ,then rested in a cooler for 2.5 hour. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the shredded beef. Oh, the roasts were eight .
be2y6ype.jpg
a9egu6y4.jpg
and five pounds. Thanks to Colonel00 for the idea. He had pron from a throw down awhile back that I managed to find.

Last edited:
Look a little over for me. I prefer the bark a mahogany colour and not black. However I do realise that photos do not always show the realistic colour. If you enjoyed them all is good.
John

Look a little over for me. I prefer the bark a mahogany colour and not black. However I do realise that photos do not always show the realistic colour. If you enjoyed them all is good.
John

If your talking about the ends, you are correct a bit over done. A bit dry for my taste. Guess I had to many drinks before I pulled them off. They were a first too! Live and learn I say :)

Well here's my first chuck roasts I smoked up for the Superbowl. Used Plowboys Bovine for the rub then add some Montreal rub just before it went on the WSM. Temp. was 250 for about nine hours ,then rested in a cooler for 2.5 hour. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the shredded beef. Oh, the roasts were eight .and five pounds. Thanks to Colonel00 for the idea. He had pron from a throw down awhile back that I managed to find.

how do you serve the shredded beef? on rolls?

looks great!

If your talking about the ends, you are correct a bit over done. A bit dry for my taste. Guess I had to many drinks before I pulled them off. They were a first too! Live and learn I say :)

I know that feel. When I did my last chuckies, I was sipping brews and had a bottle of JD Honey whiskey out by the grill. Oh Lawd, it's a wonder anything got cooked that night.

Back