• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Louisiana Champion Grill at Costco

khald

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I saw this unit at my local Costco yesterday but can find no info online. It is a 'regular' pellet grill on the left and as 2 add on cabinets. One is a cold smoker.

Does anyone have any input or info on this grill. Price is $999.

Attachments

• 0510171527b_resized.jpg
    0510171527b_resized.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 3,661
  • 0510171528_HDR.jpg
    0510171528_HDR.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 3,634
  • 0510171527_resized.jpg
    0510171527_resized.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 3,629
Louisiana Grills makes a great pellet pooper. I have no experience with this one, but I would like to. At that price I'd take 2.

For comparison I had a Louisiana TG-300 (Tailgater, their smallest cooker) that I paid $400 because it was a demo. Normally $600 for it.

I have been looking at the Traeger Renegade for the same price. This seems like a lot more grill for the money.

Last edited:
Just checked the manual as well, dang. This thing's PID is nuts. I paid about $200 for mine (in addition to the TG-300). This is one I would buy for sure. Being able to cold smoke on it too! Get it before they correct the price.

That's a sweet looking cooker. Never seen anything like this at my Costco.

I stopped by Costco Friday and found the Louisiana Champion grill there. I was pretty surprised at what I found and the price was amazing. I imagine some of you may think the same thing having seen the pics posted above. I went home and mentioned it to my wife. Without my asking, she told me to go ahead and buy it.
Yes, we went back together and I looked the grill over much closer. I was very impressed with what I saw so I went ahead and bought one. This is one heavy grill. It took four men to load it into my pickup. When I got it home I couldn't even budge it by myself so I called a friend with several sons, and I unloaded as much of the package as I could before they got here. We managed to get it down and onto my patio. Now all I need to do is assemble it and start up a test burn.
I did some more research when I got home and this is when I discovered this web site. Now I have a new grill and a new BBQ interest web site. Once I get the grill assembled I will write up a review and let you guys know what I think about it.

Oh son of a..........................!!!

let us know how it works when you get it and i am sure bbm will post up another video. :thumb:

i am now afraid to go to costco with my daughter like i planned this week for a couple of prime briskets. my luck they will have this cooker and the $400 offset.:doh:

let us know how it works when you get it and i am sure bbm will post up another video. :thumb:

i am now afraid to go to costco with my daughter like i planned this week for a couple of prime briskets. my luck they will have this cooker and the $400 offset.:doh:

Ha! I did say I wanted a pellet smoker :becky:. I'd have to sell the Bayou. Though maybe this one will also get in the $400 range :clap2:. I'll call my costco to see if they even carry them.........

Champion Grill

The only downside so far with the new Louisiana grill is that my wife demands that I sell my beloved GMG Daniel Boone. I guess I will have to clean it up and have it ready, probably around Father's day.

I really need to get the patio cleaned up and ready so I can put the Champion grill together. I picked up a bag of new pellets this weekend and they are ready to go. It won't be too long now.

I called my 2 closest Costco's and they don't carry them thank goodness :-D. One said it was an online item, but I didn't see it there.

Son of a....Wife just sent me a text, my local Costco has one of those, "Massive smoker in store."

I told her last week that I'd sell what I have for one of these. I may have to rent a trailer and go pick the thing up!

Son of a....Wife just sent me a text, my local Costco has one of those, "Massive smoker in store."

I told her last week that I'd sell what I have for one of these. I may have to rent a trailer and go pick the thing up!

that is absolutely terrible. i hope you get over the ordeal quickly.:heh:

that is absolutely terrible. i hope you get over the ordeal quickly.:heh:

If I didn't have so much tied up in my GMG Daniel Boone I'd have that smoker. I may still just go buy the dang thing and sell my DB.

I wonder how even temps are from that 1st cooking chamber (door that opens upwards) to that first cabinet directly to its right. Looks like heat goes from left to right and then up to that last cabinet.
JMlOolJl.png

Zooming in I lose picture clarity, but looks like Main chamber is 180-600 then the next is 150-350 (I think) then it goes to 60-180. Would be nice if all the usable space could be at the same temp, but I definitely see the use for different ranges. I like the variety in my SF by using the warmer for diff temps.

Back