Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally! We have a date and location!

When: Saturday, August 19, 2017
Where: Camp Ground Road Woods, Picnic Shelter 1
Google Maps

I have the shelter booked from 7:00am to 7:30pm, but as in the past I think most folks will arrive starting around 10am.

As before, I have paid for the permit, so a couple of $ (depending on how many folks show up) would be appreciated.

I'll start a sign up list and as it gets closer we can add what we are bringing.

I will do my bulk PMs to past attendees, but please help spread the word, especially to guys who don't visit the forum very often!

Attendees

Ron_L (2)
Neotrout
LYU370
Forrestbro
Shagdog
Juergenssmokehouse
Grabnabber (4)
ChicagoKP
T&S BBQ (2)
Oifmarine2003
Clasko2

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I have been traveling almost non-stop for work. I need to get on this.

Well, I waited too long and Busse Woods is entirely booked for the 19th, but I booked a small grove with a shelter in Camp Grounds Wood. Accesible from I294 at either Touhy Ave or Dempster St.

Details will be in the first post shortly. Please help me spread the word!

If I fly in on Friday night and fly out late Saturday night can anyone pick me up and give me a place to crash for a night. Which airport is best? Cheapest flights appear to be through O'Hare.

O'Hare is closer. The park is 5 minutes from O'Hare. Since my daughter moved back in we're out of space, but hopefully someone can help out!

O'Hare is closer. The park is 5 minutes from O'Hare. Since my daughter moved back in we're out of space, but hopefully someone can help out!

If I need a motel...I can get one.

Will start checking flights.

Larry-

I can pick you up & drop you at O'Hare if needed and there are accommodations 1 minute from my place. I'd offer to have you as a guest but our place is under construction until November.

If you need us, we are here for you. :thumb:

Tom

If Ron makes the coffee, I'll bring the Blackstone and make breakfast.

We tried breakfast three or four years ago and only a couple of us showed up that early, but if the group is game, I can bring a couple of airpots of coffee. Our brewer is in the trailer so I need a few days warning :)

For the newer members in the Chicago area, we do this every summer and it is a great time with lots of great people and way too much food!!

Come on out and join us!

Pity it's not the weekend after...I have to go to the Australian Consulate on the 25th and we're coming back to NEO on the 26th.

Back