Iowa Team of the Year - congrats

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Congrats to Big T's for winning the Iowa BBQ Society Team of the Year Award. Congrats also to Buster Dog for 5th place over all. And while we're at it -congrats to Boondoggle for 4th place in ribs. I hope I didn't forget anyone!

http://www.iabbq.org/

Congrats to Big T's for winning the Iowa BBQ Society Team of the Year Award. Congrats also to Buster Dog for 5th place over all. And while we're at it -congrats to Boondoggle for 4th place in ribs. I hope I didn't forget anyone!

http://www.iabbq.org/

Yea. Smokehouse 72 took 5th in Ribs and Pork. :mrgreen:

It really is too bad that we lost four contest here this year. The points were so tight you really hated to see it cut short.

If I counted correctly, teams with direct IA connections had 13 calls in the Royal Invite and 12 in the Royal Open. I think that's pretty impressive.

Team for team, Iowa has some serious talent.

Congrats guys! Hey Rod, is there a list anywhere that goes down to my level?
It'd have to go pretty low,lol!

If I counted correctly, teams with direct IA connections had 13 calls in the Royal Invite and 12 in the Royal Open. I think that's pretty impressive.

Team for team, Iowa has some serious talent.

Tell me about it. i think we need to widen our comp locations. :wink:

Congrats guys! Hey Rod, is there a list anywhere that goes down to my level?
It'd have to go pretty low,lol!
I have a master spreadsheet of everything but stopped tabulating when a team was mathematically eliminated.

The good news is next year it will all be database driven and you will be able to get a lot of good data from that.

You go south, we'll go north

I've got the North covered...you can go East:twisted:

I might not cook in Iowa next year, my homestate judges don't like my stuff:icon_blush: I've got a top 40 in the country Brisket ranking but can't even sniff the top 5 in the Iowa rankings:twisted::mrgreen:

Congrats to Big T'z on the win....a huge accomplishment for a first year team!!

Tz Cru is a force. 3 wins in year 1 ... and 2 of those were IA's largest comps and the little one only had like 7 Jack teams

Last edited:
Yea T'z is for sure a force in Iowa and surrounding states. Then again, most every team in Iowa is a force, including those Boondoggle Boys.

I've got the North covered...you can go East:twisted:

I might not cook in Iowa next year, my homestate judges don't like my stuff:icon_blush: I've got a top 40 in the country Brisket ranking but can't even sniff the top 5 in the Iowa rankings:twisted::mrgreen:
Joe, I have heard that statement from 3-4 Iowa teams in the last month.

We are planning maybe 3-4 to the north in 2010.

Back