KBCS News, Quick notes from the Board Rm Posted

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
There is a lot going on. Check out quick notes from the Board room as to last evenings Board meeting.
Merl
KCBS.US

Mike Lake introduced Jennifer Palmer who is the new Director of Operations for KCBS. She will be a great addition to the KCBS organization. Carolyn Wells has assumed the position of Director of Public Relations.

Who? Why? and How?

Thanks, Vinny. I seem to recall reading the first piece, but what I don't understand is – how is it that such a change is possible without a vote from the membership? I'm not challenging the idea, just looking for clarification.

I think it all goes back to the fact that the membership votes in a BOD to make those decisions that they feel are best for the organization and general membership along with Carolyn Wells as the former Exec Director choosing to take a different role as it evolves.

Someone's got to steer the ship day to day.

I think it all goes back to the fact that the membership votes in a BOD to make those decisions that they feel are best for the organization and general membership...

All right. What does anyone know of Jennifer Palmer? Forgive my ignorance, I'm fairly new to the KCBS. To me, it seems as though the Direector of Operations is a post with a lot of responsibility. So please, could someone enlighten me on Ms. Palmer's credentials?

Ms. Palmer was the pick from four finalist interviewed for the position. Originally from the KC area, she earned her masters degree from Columbia,(I think). She spent the last four years working for the Mayor of New York, where she headed several commissions and was an administrative assistant. She even chaired the Taxi Drivers Commission. So I figure she can handle a group of bbq cooks.

I think you will like Jennifer and she will be an asset to our organization.
Merl

Back