Peculiar, Missouri this weekend

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Didn't see any announcement of this event here but wanted to congratulate KC Can Crew on a GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP at Peculiar, MO yesterday! I went out to lend support and help however I could as did Vern, who ran their boxes for them. KC Can Crew was Jeff (Jeff@KC) and Wayne (MoKanMeathead) cooking together and man was that a great combo! Jeff took two first places (ribs and brisket) and Wayne got 5th in chicken and 12th in pork (honestly, according to Jeff, Wayne got "judge farked" on that pork! It was a AWESOME box of pork and even a KCBS rep came by after judging and told Wayne it was the most beautiful pork box he'd ever seen).

Anyway, that's two Grands in two weeks for Jeff (Raytown and Peculiar) so he's going for three in a row next weekend in Cameron, MO.

Way to go guys! That was some impressive hardware you brought home!

Congrats guys, that's impressive. How many teams?

They were 25. New location this year and it was a great contest. Alot of fun, beautiful weather and some great people out there to! My hats off to Diane and everyone who was part of this contest! Hey Jeff it was great seeing you out there!

Thank you guys! We got lucky again. Wayne cooked his butt off..... Hopefully we will do alright in Cameron next week.

Nice job Jeff. Glad I am not cooking in Cameron next week:biggrin:

Thanks, I was just riding Jeff"s coat tails. The Meatheads couldn't cook lasdt weekend so I cooked with Jeff.

Congrads all. We always liked the people at the contest just hated being cramped up by the lake. It sounds like they have those issues resolved.

I have sent a note to the web master that the correct results are not posted. I am sure it will be corrected soon.
Merl

Back