The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip - REVERSE SEAR PRON!!!

Ryan Chester

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I haven't cooked a tri-tip in a few weeks so I figured I'd get back on the horse. Rubbed it down with a combo of The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style and Original Rub. Also did corn on the cob and some hobo potatoes w/ onions seasoned with the same mix. Cooked indirect to 120* then seared to 133*. Let rest for 10 mintes then put the whoopin on! Enjoy the pron!:thumb:

photo-16.jpg

photo11-2.jpg

photo1-12.jpg

photo9-6.jpg

photo8-7.jpg

photo2-16-1.jpg

photo6-10.jpg

photo7-8.jpg

photo12-1.jpg

photo5-12.jpg

photo4-11.jpg

photo3-14.jpg

I just love the granulation in those rubs. The caramelization is fantastic, as perfectly exemplified in your cook.:thumb::thumb:

I just love the granulation in those rubs. The caramelization is fantastic, as perfectly exemplified in your cook.:thumb::thumb:

I was going to say the same thing, but I think I already did that earlier today! :rolleyes: I really like the blend of those two rubs, as well.

That is classic Tri-tip at its best! Fantastic job! :clap2:

Damn shame we can't get tri-tip here. That is some mouthwatering looking meat right there, taters look good too! :thumb:

I was going to say the same thing, but I think I already did that earlier today! :rolleyes: I really like the blend of those two rubs, as well.

That is classic Tri-tip at its best! Fantastic job! :clap2:

Yep. But that was only the most recent of five or six times you've said it and you KNOW I've been stalking you here.:becky:

nailed it! let it rest longer though, looks like you have a blood bath on your hands.. Ha

It rested 10 minutes. There is no way on earth my hungry pregnant wife was gonig to let that thing sit there any longer.

Back