MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:43 PM   #31
ladybuilder89
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Lacey McDowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Freak View Post
Been looking at model real hard and will have my money next week to buy but I do not see many people that review them or videos but they have a 6 week back log so people must have them . wondering if their are any owners on here that can help a brother out before dropping some money on one and only know one person on here but has a gravity fed . thanks

I'm not sure about that stack.

I looked at the website and it says they're doing 1/8" metal - that's actually thicker than a Stump's cook chamber. 1" insulation around the body - meh, it's okay. But we do something different around our body that's thicker. The only thing that bothers me is the stack location. They don't really have a lot of pictures on their site to see what's really going on on the inside as to why they'd put the stack on the back middle. Reverse-flow the stack should be on the same side as fuel, and should be built to push that air from the fuel to the other side of the grill and back to the stack.. unless they've reworked the insides.

Are there videos you've found on the inside anywhere?
ladybuilder89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #32
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

True story.... I’ve looked at getting one too.... sure I build cookers.... bud insulated cabinets are not my thing...not That building them is hard or an issue for me.... I just like the look of their cabinet.... I can foresee One in the future on my patio

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 03:47 PM   #33
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybuilder89 View Post

I looked at the website and it says they're doing 1/8" metal - that's actually thicker than a Stump's cook chamber. 1" insulation around the body - meh, it's okay. But we do something different around our body that's thicker. The only thing that bothers me is the stack location. They don't really have a lot of pictures on their site to see what's really going on on the inside as to why they'd put the stack on the back middle. Reverse-flow the stack should be on the same side as fuel, and should be built to push that air from the fuel to the other side of the grill and back to the stack.. unless they've reworked the insides.

I have not seen any videos but my understanding is it vents from the charcoal chamber up and inside the back wall and then back into the main chamber in the bottom and then up and out the stack .

[Font="impact"]Luke's Firepits / Grill[/Font]

[Font="impact"]Lone Star Grillz Mini Insulated Cabinet Smoker[/Font]

Last edited by BBQ Freak; 08-09-2018 at 04:29 PM..
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #34
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo

fixed it

[Font="impact"]Luke's Firepits / Grill[/Font]

[Font="impact"]Lone Star Grillz Mini Insulated Cabinet Smoker[/Font]

Last edited by BBQ Freak; 08-09-2018 at 04:29 PM..
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 06:21 PM   #35
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybuilder89 View Post

It's not a gravity feed. The design is a basic reverse flow insulated cabinet. Todd will do 2" insulation if you want.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 07:39 PM   #36
BBQ_MAFIA
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Freak View Post
Thank's i will check them out .
The pics on the SPICEWINE site are not the best so I thought I would show you a few of mine. This is the Large Size Cooker. It’s fully welded and a beast. The Medium is a great size cooker. I will tell you that these cookers weigh a lot. If you want to see more photos let me know.

Again. Good luck with whatever cooker you go with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E4EAAE6A-7908-4CA0-BC00-DADB4A4374E9.jpg (27.3 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 102722D8-869C-4149-9F83-2B69C66F0A0B.jpg (75.0 KB, 113 views)

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
XL - BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
GOSM
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 36" Griddle
1-Banjo
BBQ_MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->