Chili- Beans vs No Beans

Now Ya'll have gone and done it! I am jonesing for one of my all time favorite quick and easy meals. A can of beef tamales topped with Wolf brand chili (no beans), topped with Monterey Jack cheese, heated until bubbly, then topped with Fritos. Eaten with saltines, of course!.
Purely bean substitutes.:p

Beans are better.

Chili is so darn good - both ways - beans or no beans. If you tell me how we’re serving it I’ll tell you which is best but each is too good in too many different circumstances to declare it “the best.”

Only thing is it can’t be sweet. Has to have a kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chili is so darn good - both ways - beans or no beans. If you tell me how we’re serving it I’ll tell you which is best but each is too good in too many different circumstances to declare it “the best.”

Only thing is it can’t be sweet. Has to have a kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree

Leftover tbone chili extra brisket from yesterday and shaved smoked Gouda

Last edited:
When I have chili in a bowl, it has beans in it. The only way I eat it beanless is on top of something.
5d064a5b-6c57-4e12-b5f5-4264304a7638_1.4518edae72cb8169e06fd3ed96e03bca.jpeg

Notice the label. "Add beans to make great chili".:mrgreen:
Yes, there are no beans in Detroit/Flint/Jackson coney sauce.

Years ago a friend of a friend bragged about his beanless chili. A few of us put him to task one evening. Recall him not bringing anything but meat and seasonings...no vegetables and nothing canned except tomato paste. Forget what cuts he brought but he sat there and hand cut them all.

Have to admit, it was really good chili. Problem was there wasn't enough of it.

I love beans in chili...a mix of black, kidney, etc.

Yes, there are no beans in Detroit/Flint/Jackson coney sauce.

Years ago a friend of a friend bragged about his beanless chili. A few of us put him to task one evening. Recall him not bringing anything but meat and seasonings...no vegetables and nothing canned except tomato paste. Forget what cuts he brought but he sat there and hand cut them all.

Have to admit, it was really good chili. Problem was there wasn't enough of it.

I love beans in chili...a mix of black, kidney, etc.
I've made the bean less chili from scratch, all the dicing, mixing, and it doesn't match

I make it with beans and if I want to use it for hot dogs or some thing I throw it in the Ninja and chop it up fine,bean haters never know they are in it,try it and you want want to make 2 batches next time

The last 5 or 6 years, chili has not been high on my want list. I eat it both ways as long as it is good. I grew up with beans, and my love only makes it with beans. If we eat chili dogs,she wants beanless canned chili. I have eaten chunky, been less chili a long time ago, and I really liked it. Tried to make a pot of unsmoked brisket chili quite a few years ago but havent worked on the recipe since...I believe I threw beans in after hesitating a while.

I've made the bean less chili from scratch, all the dicing, mixing, and it doesn't match
Koegel's makes the best cased weiners I've found around here. Have never run across their coney mix in a store. Where do you get it?

Back