Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce?

Keith's Famous Pulled Pork Finishing and Dipping Sauce

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup catsup ( I use all natural- no corn syrup)
TB red pepper flakes
TS worstershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
TS salt
TS cayenne pepper

Simmer after you make it and again before serving.

1/2 for the pull and half for sammies

I know a lot of people that enjoy Smokin Okie's finishing sauce.

Smokin Okie's Pulled Pork Baste & Serving Sauce

I have no idea where this originated, I got it and modified it after someone else modified it... so here it is to enjoy for all.

I use this on pulled pork starting about 1/2 way through cooking (after the smoke stops).

Mop this on the pork warm. I've also used this on the meat when it's done -- I just spoon some sauce over pulled pork right on the bun.

(makes about 5 cups)

4 cups apple juice
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoon dry mustard
4 tablespoon brown sugar
3 bay leaf
6 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cayenne (I sometimes use Hungarian Paprika)
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (the secret ingredient)

Heat all of the ingredients in a nonreactive pan (the acid in the vinegar will react with some pans be careful) Bring it to a boil, reduce and simmer for 15 min.

I make extra and put it in the fridge and it should last for a couple of months. But it's never around that long.

When I put some pork in food saver bags, I'll put some of this sauce in there with it -- when I reheat the pork it taste just like the first time.

Enjoy it.
Good Q'in
Smokin Okie

I try not to use finishing sauce for pulled pork, BUT I do do a mustard sauce on the side...other than that, it might be drippings with apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, rub and water as needed.

I've been adding the au jus from foiled ribs (brown sugar, honey, butter). It adds a different flavor profile that I haven't had anywhere else and I love it. I normally cook for the inlaws and they're allergic to vinegar so it doesn't leave me many options.

I'm cooking two butts today and I'm going to pull a little in a separate pan so I can try one of the finishing sauces above...they look so good! Now which one to try? Hmmm

I give a few shakes of this once it is about to be served, I have also been known to spritz some of this during the cooking process (have to strain the chili flakes)

1 Tbs Crushed Red Pepper
1 Tbs of Brown Sugar
1 Tsp of Black Ground Pepper
1 Tsp of Kosher Salt
1 Cup of White Vinegar
1 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

Blu's Red Pig Juice

1/4 cup Cider Vinegar

1/2 cup Ketchup

1/2 cup Water ( Sub Stock if desired)

3 tbl Brown sugar

1 tea sp Chili Powder

1 tea sp Salt

1/2 tea sp Black Pepper

1 Table sp Diablo jalapeno Mustard ( Sub 3 rings Pickled Jalapeno fine mince & yellar mustard)

pinch of Cayenne or to taste

1 Table sp red pepper flakes

Dissolve the salt and sugar in the Vinegar/ Water add remaining ingredients whisk to combine and bottle let stand 2-3 hrs.

Blu's Standard Pig Juice

2 cups cider vinegar
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup water
2 tbl ketchup
2 tbl Chrystal hot sauce
1Tbl Salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp granulated Garlic
2 tbl red pepper flakes

Bring it to a boil and pull the pan off the heat let it cool and pour it in a clean bottle

I love to make my own but normally I'm too lazy so my favorite would probably be just a jazzed up sweet baby rays with sriracha, apple cider vinegar, and whatever else I feel like throwing in.

Blu's Red Pig Juice

1/4 cup Cider Vinegar

1/2 cup Ketchup

1/2 cup Water ( Sub Stock if desired)

3 tbl Brown sugar

1 tea sp Chili Powder

1 tea sp Salt

1/2 tea sp Black Pepper

1 Table sp Diablo jalapeno Mustard ( Sub 3 rings Pickled Jalapeno fine mince & yellar mustard)

pinch of Cayenne or to taste

1 Table sp red pepper flakes

Dissolve the salt and sugar in the Vinegar/ Water add remaining ingredients whisk to combine and bottle let stand 2-3 hrs.

That's what I want to try....

Back