Correction! SoCal Bash is Saturday Nov 10, not 11.

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The announcement thread had a typo, sorry!

Hey deguerre - if you start looking now, y'all could get a good deal on plane tix. :thumb:

Hey all, had to take a bit of a hiatus from the board due to work getting crazy and had to take a bit of hiatus from smoking meat due to it being too damned hot outside. Moose e-mailed me and let me know about the bash... Chris (Browna65) and I will definitely be there! We'll probably bring our respective significant others as well. I look forward to it!

In other news, I Q'd for the first time in a while yesterday for a neighborhood BBQ. I brought the simplest easiest thing I could (figuring the match light and frozen burger crowd wouldn't be too critical) -- pulled pork and smoked mac n' cheese (the wife made some frozen pies). I cooked 'er hot n' fast until she was like buttah (followed the e-mail instructions I got from moose months ago for HnF cooks). Boy was I ever right about the reception... EVERYONE was talking about the two dishes. One neighbor (who apparently Qs) said something about wishing he had brought smoked brisket to try and compete with my dish. Others were asking for recipes.

I have learned a ton from you old pros already (including at moose's last meet up in May, I think), I cannot wait to see what I learn this time so I can continue to be a neighborhood hero.

Only if I can recreate that cross country family trip from 1962...in one of these:

1960_chevrolet_impala-pic-42738.jpeg

Did you know a kid could actually lie down and sleep on the deck behind the rear seat?:becky::crazy:

I'd love to go, but my wife works that day, and I have to watch my 4 1/2 yo son.

Back