• 100 Gal. Air Tank Build (Offset)

So I got a bit more done today... Didn't have too much time to spend on it and the build is going a little slower that I'd like. Such is life. Just like the last build the thing that's holding me up the most is getting the 1/4 steel for the firebox. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy it. Can't seem to find any better options.

Anyways, I finished the door seals and the new hinges. So much better for the heavy door! Now the smoker feels "SOLID".

Had to tack on the top seal and reheat the 3/8 bar and "persuade" them into their shape over the top seal and back onto the door. Happy with how they came out!
ce8ee165.jpg

f1464e35.jpg

b4c502ea.jpg

Now I've been thinking about the exhaust and I wouldn't mind some thoughts from you guys... This tank came with 2 sealed off holes at about 12" in from either side. I am going to have tunable plates in this pit like the last on and my thinking was that I was just gonna use these holes for the exhaust so that I can tune the pit to run as pretty-much a reg offset or I could also run it as a reverse flow by moving all the plates towards the FB and tuning the exhaust so that the majority of the heat would exit out of the stack nearest the FB as well... I'd do this by shutting down the stack furthest from the FB...

Here are the holes I'm talking about:
d61dd391.jpg

53c2b4f2.jpg

3000b0bb.jpg

So whaddya think bout that? Any pros/cons you guys can think of? I think it could possibly work out pretty cool. :thumb:

Cheers

I wish I had the welding knowledge to make a cooker like this. Nicely done so far.

So whaddya think bout that? Any pros/cons you guys can think of? I think it could possibly work out pretty cool. :thumb:

I think that will work just fine and the height of those holes in comparison to your racks is just about perfect!

I think you are doing great so far!! As far as the double stack idea I think you could try it but my guess is you will never open the one on the far end away from the fire box. With that in mind I would proceed with the fire box and the tuning plates then the exhaust at the fire box end for a reverse flow. Test fire it and see how it works. Then if you still think it could be advantageous I would add the exhaust at the far end as a last step .My 2 cents. Keep up the great work!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Back