• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

loin

popeye

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
i got a quistion . I put down a 3 lb loin in 2 cups salt and 1 cup super cure . Does antbody have seasoning or a spice that might kick it upa little

Pretty vague, by "kick it up" do you mean like some heat, you could add some cayenne or chipotle. Or are you looking for something more savory......a whole host of various rubs out there. Combo of sweet and savory........again, the rubs.

A pork loin with salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and some EVOO, grills up nicely, and is very tasty.

Just depends on what you are looking for.

KC

i got a quistion . I put down a 3 lb loin in 2 cups salt and 1 cup super cure . Does antbody have seasoning or a spice that might kick it upa little

What are you trying to make? Is the loin just covered with that much salt and cure?

Last edited:
I'd cure it then rub it with the heat of your choice. You could inject it with some Sirache or Frank's whatever you like, it all depends on the flavor profile you are trying to achieve.

Sorry i guess i was not clear. I want to smoke it . I wanted to get some differant flavors into it .

Chipotle or cayenne would give it some heat. Powdered jalapeno will give it heat, but more of a slow burn/building heat effect. I kinda like the flavor ginger imparts on pork, but that's just me.

Sorry i guess i was not clear. I want to smoke it . I wanted to get some differant flavors into it .

With that much salt and cure it sound like you are making canadian bacon. That's why I asked.

You can add seasoning into the salt/cure mixture and some will be absorbed as the cure penetrates the meat. The other choice would be to use a rub when you smoke it.

Back