The Royal everyone should do it once!

smokincracker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
The Royal everyone should do it more than once!

Back home after a kick arse weekend.
I had a blast! I met so many brethren I was getting faces, names, log in names all mixed up. I meet so many cool people. I have A.D.D. and it’s compounded with Ezra Brooks so I’m drawing blanks trying to match up names and faces now.

Team Q is awesome Jay (Spice), Steve, Brian (Bags) & John (Fred bird) Thanks for the awesome hospitality. Let me keep you all straight on these guys (They are the best you can get) Thanks brothers.

It was cool to meet Dust Away because the Sasquatch comments are right on. (Dust your new call sign is “Squatch”) it was cool to meet you bro.

I don’t know where to go find the pics but I think an album should be started for 2008 Royal Pics. It would be great to see the pic in front of Phil’s trailer and someone smarter than me put names and log-in names with the faces.

I need to find the brother that hooked me up with the best pig candy I’ve ever had. It was so hot it burned my face off but I kept eating it because it was soooooo good.

Brethren Brothers Thanks for the good time….

Well, BigDog had some pig candy but it wasn't thaaat hot :twisted:.

It hurt so good!!!
That was BigDog's "Slow Burn" pig candy. I think we ate about a 1/2 lb of it when it was fresh off the cooker.:grin::biggrin:

It was in the cooker when I showed up on his doorstep. A standard recipe is 1/8 tsp cayenne:1/2 cup Brown sugar.... I think his is more like 4 TBSP:1/2 Cup, based on his description of how he put it together.:twisted: It rocks!!

I like Big Dog's meat over Neil's nuts. But BD's meat does burn, but in a good way......

It was cool to meet Dust Away because the Sasquatch comments are right on. (Dust your new call sign is “Squatch”) it was cool to meet you bro.

Jimmy your are still drunk I believe Jay was talking about Shawn but I could be wrong :biggrin:

Jay had called me shawn a couple of times friday night?

The Royal everyone should do it more than once!

Back home after a kick arse weekend.
I had a blast! I met so many brethren I was getting faces, names, log in names all mixed up. I meet so many cool people. I have A.D.D. and it’s compounded with Ezra Brooks so I’m drawing blanks trying to match up names and faces now.

Team Q is awesome Jay (Spice), Steve, Brian (Bags) & John (Fred bird) Thanks for the awesome hospitality. Let me keep you all straight on these guys (They are the best you can get) Thanks brothers.

I don’t know where to go find the pics but I think an album should be started for 2008 Royal Pics. It would be great to see the pic in front of Phil’s trailer and someone smarter than me put names and log-in names with the faces.

I need to find the brother that hooked me up with the best pig candy I’ve ever had. It was so hot it burned my face off but I kept eating it because it was soooooo good.

Brethren Brothers Thanks for the good time….

I have to agree with Jimmy. A great time and Team Q's hospitality was outstanding! BigDogs pigcandy was some good chit as well!!!! Great meeting everyone.

Bruce

Jimmy it was great to see you again!

You are always welcome in MOFO country!

Team Q are great hosts, and friends.

A special Thanks to Team Q for the TV, Chili and hospitality during the game on Saturday night.

Jimmy your are still drunk I believe Jay was talking about Shawn but I could be wrong :biggrin:

Jay had called me shawn a couple of times friday night?

If you and Sean were standing side by side, Jay had a 1 in 4 chance of being right:wink::lol:

I am terrible with names and faces!! Too many brain cells lost at the Royal.

Jimmy: You and Mike are always welcome in our camp!! We learned alot and had a few laughs as well. Bellys are our MOFO buds. Jorge gave us a bunch of the best sausage!! Always great to see ya!! Great to hang with Pooh, Vinney, Shawn (AKA Sasquach), Steve, Big Dog, Yak, Speedo, Roo, Char (AKA Bride of Roo), DaChief, Scotty, Dr. BBQ, Andy & Wife, Todd, Randy, Jeff, Lee all of the rest of the many Brothers and Sisters and the girl that kept pulling her shirt up over her head.:shock:

Last edited:
What is the deal behind the 9:22 shot?

We started it here in the Midwest. It is done with a Clonesicle, orginally we did them at 8:30 and 11:00 on Saturdays of a contest. It was turning into a conflict with the 11:00 shot, so it was consolidated into a 9:22 shot. Usually, you will see Reverend Twyford officiating at these services. At larger one's you will have over 50 people in attendance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kboICBtlkp0

Attachments

• RevRandy.jpg
    RevRandy.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 150
  • Shot with the Sausages.jpg
    Shot with the Sausages.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 151
Pardon my ignorance and lack of knowledge but what is a clonsicle? Do folks do this outside of the midwest as well?

Phew, Scottie, Rev, sounds like you guys need to start sharing the secret handshakes with those who do not/have not gotten to partake in the events....

Clonsicle....a beautifully hand crafted, carefully handcrafted ice bath surrounding either a bottle of Jack, or, eck:icon_sick Jim, served EXTRA iced cold....hellova moring wake up call....

Pardon my ignorance and lack of knowledge but what is a clonsicle? Do folks do this outside of the midwest as well?

A Clonesicle is a bottle of Gentleman Jack, frozen in a block of ice. It turns it into a syruppy consistency... Real good and will give yourself a brain freeze if you drink too many... :roll:

Here is a picture of Darren "Clone" Warth doing the first one. I made it for him as a thank you for some things he did for me... Never thinkiing it would become the rage in the Midwest. I've tried to spread good will amongst BBQr's through the US bringing my Clonesicle to the masses...

Attachments

• Clonesicle  Real Good.JPG
    Clonesicle Real Good.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 123
Thanks for the picture and further explination there Scottie....one of those, if you have not been there, you just dont know what you dont know.....

A Clonesicle is a bottle of Gentleman Jack, frozen in a block of ice. It turns it into a syruppy consistency... Real good and will give yourself a brain freeze if you drink too many... :roll:

Here is a picture of Darren "Clone" Warth doing the first one. I made it for him as a thank you for some things he did for me... Never thinkiing it would become the rage in the Midwest. I've tried to spread good will amongst BBQr's through the US bringing my Clonesicle to the masses...

Darren and the Reverend don't mess around. I dropped a bottle off and Darren had it in the freezer in less than 30 seconds after it touched the Revs hands.:mrgreen:

Back