MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #31
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newenglandbbqer View Post
This type of stuff is the reason I'm still debating if I want to get married or not that and in a divorce I'd loose every thing I own.
Having been married before and now re-married, your choice of a spouse is just as important as your choice in a smoker. Check under the hood. Run a few test smokes in it. See if it lasts a year in all weather conditions before you buy it.

I thought I had bought a Lang the first time, but she turned out to be a leaky Char-Broiler.

The new Mrs SJ (and there ain't going to be a third) is...well...

If you took all of the good qualities of the top smokers and put them together, you'd have her.

If you don't want to share your life or your toys, then stay single. Marriage is not for everybody. It involves risk. But I can say that a good marriage is a hell of a lot better than being single.

Thanks from: --->

Old 05-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #32
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Get her one too Weber-Smokey-Joe-Charcoal-Grill-The-Simpsons-10th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #33
Newenglandbbqer
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
Having been married before and now re-married, your choice of a spouse is just as important as your choice in a smoker. Check under the hood. Run a few test smokes in it. See if it lasts a year in all weather conditions before you buy it.

I thought I had bought a Lang the first time, but she turned out to be a leaky Char-Broiler.

The new Mrs SJ (and there ain't going to be a third) is...well...

If you took all of the good qualities of the top smokers and put them together, you'd have her.

If you don't want to share your life or your toys, then stay single. Marriage is not for everybody. It involves risk. But I can say that a good marriage is a hell of a lot better than being single.
I don't mind sharing I just don't want to lose all the stuff my grandfather has given to me over the years over a poor choice of a spouse. Then again I'm still in high school so I got time.
Newenglandbbqer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #34
TroyA65
is one Smokin' Farker

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission
TroyA65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #35
Newenglandbbqer
Knows what a fatty is.

Just say its not like I bought a $60000 dollar corvette or something it's $62 that's a Cheepo pair of work boots.
Newenglandbbqer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #36
deepsouth
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newenglandbbqer View Post
I don't mind sharing I just don't want to lose all the stuff my grandfather has given to me over the years over a poor choice of a spouse. Then again I'm still in high school so I got time.
man, you have at least a dozen years to think about it then.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #37
joshcary
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93vpmod View Post
A reference to the number of pairs of shoes, purses or the like would work at my home.
That's my go to! I always say, "You have enough money in boots, shoes and designer purses to buy 20 grills!" Of course her reply is always, "You can cook on the same smoker every day. I can't wear the same clothes every day." Then I say, "Of course you can!"

That's when I get in trouble...
joshcary is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #38
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

"What new grill? I don't know what you're talking about, I found that in the basement."

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #39
hedge
Full Fledged Farker

just tell her you dont win friends with salad
hedge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #40
BobM
Babbling Farker

That is definitely a cool looking little cooker!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #41
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
"What new grill? I don't know what you're talking about, I found that in the basement."
Hide it in the basement and bring it out in several months. When asked, just say you've had it a long time.

Or point out that some men collect other women, but you're too busy with your grills.

I count myself pretty lucky. I've been sneaking the odd Smokey Joe or 22.5 WSM or SS Performer into the collection and as long as they were all black, I figured I could get away with it. Last week we picked up a red Imperial Sequoia at my son's place and when I asked her to help load it into the back of the truck, she didn't bat an eye. When we were unloading it she asked if our son decided he didn't want it and I said no, he picked it up for me. She said "Oh, looks nice."

Good luck with your acquisition!

Old 05-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #42
aawa
Babbling Farker

You don't explain it. You are a man and you need as many grills as you want!

Old 05-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #43
JazzyBadger
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I have no pity for you. I'm trying to talk my wife into the idea of a BGE. She's already given me an eye roll, and I haven't even told her about all the 'eggccessories' or that I'm leaning towards the XL.

Now that I know you've got three of them prepare for a BOMBARDMENT OF QUESTIONS! Ohhhh yeah.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #44
firefighter4634
is one Smokin' Farker

Just say that you are trying to keep up with her shoe collection.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #45
deepsouth
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybadger View Post
I have no pity for you. I'm trying to talk my wife into the idea of a BGE. She's already given me an eye roll, and I haven't even told her about all the 'eggccessories' or that I'm leaning towards the XL.

Now that I know you've got three of them prepare for a BOMBARDMENT OF QUESTIONS! Ohhhh yeah.

ha. fire away. just know that mostly, i don't know!

safe to assume you already know about

www.ceramicgrillstore.com