I say bologna!

M

Mufasa

9b04ba58.jpg

First try at smoking bologna. It tasted okay.
Does anyone have a good way to do it?
Thanks

How did you cook it- temp wood etc, How did you serve it up... Looks like it would make a nice meal to me! When I was in Mem the one thing that I should have tried and didn't was the Bologna sandwich....

I smoked it at 225 for about 4 hours. Then took it to 300 for about 30 minutes. Used charcoal and hickory.

I am hoping some people will have some more ideas and recipes.
Thanks

Score it more and deeper and get more dry rub down in the cuts. The deeper the cuts are and the more dry rub you put on, the better the smoke penetration and barky crust you get.

I cut the chub in half longways and score as you did. The more surface area exposed to the smoke is where the flavor is. You can glaze with a good sticky sauce or fruity glaze and pick it up a little. Use good rub and wood, treat it like a more expensive piece of product and you will be amazed. I've seen many anything but parts of contests won with good old bologna. Steve.

Not bad.Score deeper and closer.Mustard, Worchestershire,Soy slather,then your favorite rub,then a THICK coating of Brown sugar on top,250 dome on a rack over a pan of beer for 2 hours,turn,coat the other side with brown sugar,smoke it til it hits 165 internal temp.After that the options are endless.:thumb:

That stuffed one looks awesome. Thanks Cowgirl.
Thank you all for the tips.

Back