Any Response to Smokin at the Ballpark?

NEBS was made aware of the lack of communication issue and we tried to contact the organizer on behalf of the teams. After receiving no response, we contacted the KCBS reps to see if they could help. They heard from Sharri, and she promised improved communication going forward. Hopefully the responses today are at least a start of that improved communication.

I emailed Sharri on this past Monday late afternoon for the first time in over a year. She responded within an hour.

If I can pick up enough stray beer cans The Basic BBQ Team is likely to jump in at the last minute.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ
Cans

Hey Pat,
You should just have been going though our trash for the last year! First time ever I have enough left over beer from 2 weeks ago to not have to go to the package store for this weekend.

- Bill

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ
I just spoke to Sharri and she said that everything was still a go and that she will be sending out an email to all the teams later today or more likely tomorrow.

The reason for some checks being cashed and others not was due to the Treasurer being out the last couple of weeks.

FBJ, I think this contest won't happen, and you should stay home.

(To everyone else: ZBQ is in, and we will see you there.)

:becky:

Jeez, a guy gets lucky a couple of times and next thing you know he isn't welcome anywhere.

Jeez, a guy gets lucky a couple of times and next thing you know he isn't welcome anywhere.

LOL, of course I'm kidding, but you are probably the favorite to win it. If we can fix our ribs, we will give you a run for the money though. :icon_smile_tongue:

LOL, of course I'm kidding, but you are probably the favorite to win it. If we can fix our ribs, we will give you a run for the money though. :icon_smile_tongue:

Yeah, I took it that way. :mrgreen:

I know the feeling, last year ribs hurt me more often than they helped me.

Other than contacting Sharri directly, has anyone received any communication about the event?

Just curious as I have not seen anything come out.

Back