Visiting The Jack!

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It appears I will have some extra time off for working the entire weekend of our BBQ contest at The Fountains so I was thinking of using that time to make a long weekend and go visit The Jack for the first time. I plan on taking off work Friday, October 23 and Monday, October 26 (mainly Monday to "recover" and rest). Everything sets up perfectly (as long as the finances are there! :roll: ). The plan would be to leave Thursday after work and drive as far as possible then stop for the night and go on in Friday morning.

Anyone else going just to visit and have fun and take this event all in from the eyes of those left out of the draw? :lol:

O.K. folks, I'm new to the BBQ Brethern. What is The Jack ?

O.K. folks, I'm new to the BBQ Brethern. What is The Jack ?

The Jack Daniels World Championship BBQ Invitational

OR

jack-in-the-box-logo.jpg

You pick...

I think I'm going, not for sure yet but I do have a hotel reserved and Friday off. My wife might ride down with me, probably leave early Friday morning get there between 2-4 in the afternoon. Is there a way to maybe have a meeting place sometime Saturday and have a meet-n-greet?

Would be nice to meet you guys.

Ralph

Looking forward to meet some brethren there ! :razz:

DM

If I'm able to breathe and walk, you'll always find me at the Jack in one capacity or another.

Be advised that all the hotel rooms in the area fill up fast, so book a room right away. Fayetteville is your best bet, followed by Tullahoma.

If anyone has a hotel reservation that they won't be using... I could use one...

Thanks!

Scottie

I could care less where it is... It's for my buddy, who is now turning soft and refuses to sleep in a tent... :roll:

Thanks!

Isn't there a campground available? If so, is it by reservation or first come, first served? I'm trying to work out use of a neighbor's pop up camper.

Yes, about 1 mile away on a big hill, if its open. I know a Rockwood we could use.:wink:

Isn't there a campground available? If so, is it by reservation or first come, first served? I'm trying to work out use of a neighbor's pop up camper.

Hey Podge, you have to get pulled to go. Who else can Dale and I mooch off of?

this also may be an opportunity to have a brethren bash.
btw lippy, la grange is a fun little town. we go there often.

Blues, Lagrange isn't bad-now that started selling beer a restaurants.

Went to the Jack last year, took judging class and had a grear time. If you have chance to go I definitly recommend.

Blues, Lagrange isn't bad-now that started selling beer a restaurants.

Went to the Jack last year, took judging class and had a grear time. If you have chance to go I definitly recommend.
it's only a couple hours south of us(glasgow)so we'll be there for sure.
i'll have to make a list to know all the frikkin' brethren teams there..:lol:

Back