• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Turkey Day "Leftovers" Throwdown...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Got a PM from RCS this morning...

JD,
Since you have this all down pat, I was thinking since turkey day is behind us and we all have leftovers to do something with......It's time for a Throwdown.....Turkey leftover Style. What do you think?

River City Smokehouse...

I think it sounds like a plan bro! Here we go boys and girls...show us your stuff(ing). :twisted: Recipes and pron pics too...we'll do a vote thread next week! Here are the rules...

1. Since this is Q-Talk...it must be associated with BBQ...that means you have to grill it, smoke it, or somehow tie it in to grilling or smoking.

2. Have Fun...if it ain't fun...it don't count! :lol:

Smoked Turkey Gumbo...

See This:http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=791478&postcount=1 For The Cooking Process...
attachment.php

Whoa...way to start it off N8! :p That's gonna be tough to beat! I'm doing "Smoked Turkey Noodle Soup" tomorrow...I'd best be on my game! :lol:

I smoked the turkey, so it's connected to my BGE...

Turkey sandwich with brie and cranberry sauce, on homemade bread that's grilled in a cast iron skillet.

3066608302_605ee1841e_b.jpg

Followed today with a turkey hotshot... Homemade white bread, piled with turkey, mashed potatoes added between the slices, all covered with the best turkey gravy I've ever made...

3069308227_afd8992d29_b.jpg

I smoked the turkey in the WSM. I had made a cranberry BBQ sauce, leftover and used for the sauce. Sauted garlic, onions, peppers, and turkey, topped with craisens, Calamata olives and sunflower seeds. One of the best Pizzas we have ever made.

Attachments

• 100_2411.jpg
    100_2411.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 237
  • 100_2413.jpg
    100_2413.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 249
Followed today with a turkey hotshot... Homemade white bread, piled with turkey, mashed potatoes added between the slices, all covered with the best turkey gravy I've ever made...

nice with the chives
drool.gif

Hmmm...my turkey noodlle soup idea is beginnig to lose it's luster...you guys are pullin' out all the stops! :p

In my fam, where I am allergic to shrimp but would love to try that gumbo with an epipen nearby, we make Turkey and Dumplins.

Y'all have already seen the vid and due to the women's dumplins in between the food shotz the vid does not belong on Q talk.

If you must see how its done go to my channel and look up turkey and dumplins with the girl eating the corn cobb on it

http://www.youtube.com/user/popdaddysbbq

God that Gumbo looks good.

PS - The Turkey was a smoked Turkey

Last edited by a moderator:
I smoked the turkey in the WSM. I had made a cranberry BBQ sauce, leftover and used for the sauce. Sauted garlic, onions, peppers, and turkey, topped with craisens, Calamata olives and sunflower seeds. One of the best Pizzas we have ever made.

DAYAM!!! You are my hero!!!!

This is a sorry thing to follow all the above great Pron! :oops:

Painting around the house today, had a quick sandwich with chips. :icon_blush:

Picture1071.jpg

Made some great southwestern/cajun turkey soup with a dark roux, the smoked turkey carcass, some roasted poblanos, grilled corn, some ground anehiem chile powder, carrots, onion, celery and some other junk. Trying to freeze some of it now since there's about 4 gallons!

FYI, I found if you fill plastic chinese soup takeout containers with soup, freeze them them warm the container enough to get the soup chunk out, you can vacuseal perfect little 1 or 2 person soup servings. Just boil the bag to reheat.

Whoa...way to start it off N8! :p That's gonna be tough to beat! I'm doing "Smoked Turkey Noodle Soup" tomorrow...I'd best be on my game! :lol:

No way!!! You get in there and cook that Farkin' Noodle Soup. I knew this lady that plopped a hen in a pot, added water and then those egg noodles after 5 hours and even though it was simple.... it was great.

Some stuff really hits the spot man. Go EGG NOODLES! I bet your soup is great!

No way!!! You get in there and cook that Farkin' Noodle Soup. I knew this lady that plopped a hen in a pot, added water and then those egg noodles after 5 hours and even though it was simple.... it was great.

Some stuff really hits the spot man. Go EGG NOODLES! I bet your soup is great!

My "Smoked Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe" suddenly changed to "Papa Murphy's Pizza"...my wife has had enough turkey for one week! :lol::lol::lol: I'll pop the leftovers in the freezer and do the soup another day! :biggrin:

what are the rules here?
i'd like to enter my super balls in this throwdown.
i throw down my balls. my super balls :biggrin:

superballsIV-010.jpg

superballsIV-024.jpg

superballsIV-032.jpg

superballsIV-044.jpg

and more here

:biggrin:

Back