A BBQ Brethren Event **NYS Championship. 4th annual Battle of The BBQ Brethren. August 7-8. Application is up ***

Explain this buck a bone thing a but more, so its 12-16 racks of ribs?

full spares or BB?

Could I trim them to st Luis, and if so what should I do with the trimmings?

Thanks, Eric

Explain this buck a bone thing a but more, so its 12-16 racks of ribs?

full spares or BB?

Could I trim them to st Luis, and if so what should I do with the trimmings?

Thanks, Eric

If'n I'm a betting man I would look for a case of st louis trimmed spares. The idea is to prepare and serve all your ribs to the public. The public has spent a buck a bone and for a given amount spent they get a voting ticket. You collect the most voting tickets and your ribs are proclaimed the days best. This is a nice way to generate revenue for a worthy cause as well as giving some bragging rights to the winning team. Really not a lot of work and pretty worth it.

Does that mean I am not invited :Cry:

sorry.. my bad.. my brain had most of the NE guys going to Mainly Maine already. We got on the calender late. Come on down. I'll even give u some pointers. :)

I think the ribs are going to be BB, but dont hold me to it. They are being donated by a sponsor. A case each. A case contains 12-16 racks depending on weight of the racks.

I'm going to have to learn how to do BB's now. Only done them once. Wasn't impressed. I liked the taste of spares a lot better. But, I'll probably buy some BB's soon and give it another try and see how it goes.

I'm going to have to learn how to do BB's now. Only done them once. Wasn't impressed. I liked the taste of spares a lot better. But, I'll probably buy some BB's soon and give it another try and see how it goes.

You give the BB the same treatment as spares. You pull the membranes, season and smoke. No trimming and they're done around an hour earlier than most racks of spares.

Update...There may be some confusion over whether or not you can email the applications in. YOU CAN NOT EMAIL THE COMPLETED APPS BACK TO ME. Please mail (old school) the completed apps back to me. TO: Att: P.O. Rich Gorgone PAL
30 Yaphank ave
Yaphank N.Y. 11980

SCPD PAL,

Can you post a list of the teams who have signed up to date? Thank you.

sounds like BBS is bringing heavy artillery. :)

Yawn and Pfft.

Bring who ever you want. I've got a tenth place finish overall in my first year (woulda been higher had it not been for the tequila ringer chicken farker), a first overall the next and a third overall last year plus 2 out of three wins in shoulder and countless other top 10 calls (including 1-for-2 in grilling) for BotBB.

(UPDATE: I just did a quick tally and SIDE has placed in the top ten in 8 of the 12 total KCBS categories called in the last 3 years, 5 of which were in the top 5)

I'm planning on leaving Long Island with a big guns blazing.
:boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rookie from Seaford joining this as 1st competition. So what that I only have a COS and I'll be competing against pro's with big expensive gear. Not too intimidating!

James
The Smoke'n Barrel
(formerly Anchor's Smokeshop....what a dumb name:doh:)

Yawn and Pfft.

Bring who ever you want. I've got a ninth place finish overall (woulda been higher had it not been for the tequila ringer chicken farker), a first overall and a third overall plus 2 out of three wins in shoulder and countless other top 10 calls (including 1-for-2 in grilling) for BotBB.

(UPDATE: I just did a quick tally and SIDE has placed in the top ten in 8 of 12 the total KCBS categories called in the last 3 years, 5 of which were in the top 5)

I'm planning on leaving Long Island with a big guns blazing. As they say, hardware talks, trash talkers walk.
:boxing:

it's true! you do rock... but, i'm not so sure about that ninth place finish. :icon_smile_tongue:

Rookie from Seaford joining this as 1st competition. So what that I only have a COS and I'll be competing against pro's with big expensive gear. Not too intimidating!

James
The Smoke'n Barrel
(formerly Anchor's Smokeshop....what a dumb name:doh:)
t

You'll be alright! I cook with a couple $200 weber smokey mountains and have done alright with a little practice. We're all out there to have fun despite the trash talking. Let me know if you need any input in advance.

it's true! you do rock... but, i'm not so sure about that ninth place finish. :icon_smile_tongue:

Ah, my bad, was going from memory on that one. 10th overall that first year and GC grilling the day before. Solo.

Back