Greenberg Smoked Turkeys?

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Any of you Texas brethren hear of these guys in Tyler? Saw a spot on Food Network with these guys, all they do is smoked turkey 4 months out of the year and have a TWO YEAR waiting list for turkeys They only take cash or checks, no credit cards. debating ordering one just to see what there like.

www.gobblegobble.com

I dont care how good a turkey is, I dont know if it worth a 2 year wait. I'd move next door and say we only have a 1 year wait.

Even their mail ordered turkeys taste great. Their is always a line down the street during turkey times. They got a big boost when George W. started sending them to world leaders, and Oprah mentioned them on her show. My father-in-law usually gets one delivered from Ross Perot each Christmas.

When they're delivered, they're partially frozen in an insulated box with instructions. They do get left on the porch by the delivery man if no one is home.

Bossmanbbq said:
Any of you Texas brethren hear of these guys in Tyler? Saw a spot on Food Network with these guys, all they do is smoked turkey 4 months out of the year and have a TWO YEAR waiting list for turkeys They only take cash or checks, no credit cards. debating ordering one just to see what there like.

www.gobblegobble.com

Hell yea !!
3 years ago UPS deliverd one to my house.
I thought WTF ??
It was my address but not my name. I called them and they tracked down the order and it went to some people that lived in the next block.
my address is 1815 there addy is 1715.
Being Thanksgiving time of year and the type of guy I am...I took the
bird down there knocked on the door and told them that this was delivered to my house by mistake and that it should have been delivered there.
The guy looks at me and says "Who are you?" I told him I lived up the street in the next block and told him my name. He said "I didn't order
anything from those people" I said that maybe someone had sent it as a gift. He told me to take the damn thing because he didn't want it.

Guess what....That was a good tastin' sumbiotch !!

FatDad said:
Hell yea !!
3 years ago UPS deliverd one to my house.
I thought WTF ??
It was my address but not my name. I called them and they tracked down the order and it went to some people that lived in the next block.
my address is 1815 there addy is 1715.
Being Thanksgiving time of year and the type of guy I am...I took the
bird down there knocked on the door and told them that this was delivered to my house by mistake and that it should have been delivered there.
The guy looks at me and says "Who are you?" I told him I lived up the street in the next block and told him my name. He said "I didn't order
anything from those people" I said that maybe someone had sent it as a gift. He told me to take the damn thing because he didn't want it.

Guess what....That was a good tastin' sumbiotch !!

Mike did it have a real heavy smoke flavor to it? Seeing them on tv with the rub they put on it the bird looked almost black. How do they package it suggest re-heating it?

Bossmanbbq said:
Mike did it have a real heavy smoke flavor to it? Seeing them on tv with the rub they put on it the bird looked almost black. How do they package it suggest re-heating it?

Very good smoke flavor almost like a ham.
The skin had a thick bark and the bird was vacuum packed in
a thick plastic.

Back