• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What happened to the Board meeting tape?

Bunny

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We were listening to the Board meeting on the kcbs website tonight and during the banquet discussion it stopped in mid-sentence. Then it goes directly to coming out of executive session. Does anyone know what happened to the rest of the banquet info?

Rich and Bunny/KCass BBQ :confused:

a bad edit?

Seems like a BIG edit. I listened to it all tonight and noticed it too. Just no flow to the conversation prior to the spot and after the spot. There was a big chunk of what was on the agenda just not there in regards to discussion of TOY trophies, volunteer of the year and the 2012 banquet. Then when the edit occured, the board was coming out of executive session but there was no motion to go into executive session. It was ironic that it happened in the MP3 for a meeting where editing was discussed by the board.

Couple of other interesting happenings...

At one point, Merl says that he and Carol are both out of order. Someone in the background whispers "What's new?"

Later, when Don is pointing out the board just voted to allow Merl to have secret shoppers at contests (which I think is a crock) because they didn't follow closely enough to realize they should have voted the opposite way on the motion and it now allows committee chairs to make agreements with outside people without board approval, again, someone whispers "F***er!"

Interesting what you hear when you listen really closely! :becky:

Last edited:
I think this is a contiunation of the last meeting where a motion was defeated that would have made the committee chairs responsible to the bod. This meeting a new wording of the motion was made and it also was defeated. As a result, committee chairs really don't need bod permission to enter into agreements or commit KCBS funds or be accountable. In addition, they do not have to tell what they are doing, ie read no report. This all stems back to the New Orleans debacle as well as the scholarship selection and awarding.

I think the "secret shopper" is Merl's way of tweeking their nose to let them know just what they voted to defeat. It may be a good thing as the rest of the bod forgot to make a Merl exception on their refusal to accept any accountability to anyone so they have to live with it.

I think this is a contiunation of the last meeting where a motion was defeated that would have made the committee chairs responsible to the bod. This meeting a new wording of the motion was made and it also was defeated. As a result, committee chairs really don't need bod permission to enter into agreements or commit KCBS funds or be accountable. In addition, they do not have to tell what they are doing, ie read no report. This all stems back to the New Orleans debacle as well as the scholarship selection and awarding.

I think the "secret shopper" is Merl's way of tweeking their nose to let them know just what they voted to defeat. It may be a good thing as the rest of the bod forgot to make a Merl exception on their refusal to accept any accountability to anyone so they have to live with it.

I don't see how a renegade committee chairperson having authority to do whatever they want without board approval can benefit KCBS. And Merl's idea of having spies at contest is bull. How about have someone spy on HIM? There would be a huge eye-opener I'd bet.

Anyone seen my fiddle?
Sincerely,
Nero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how a renegade committee chairperson having authority to do whatever they want without board approval can benefit KCBS.

I agree but Merl wanted it to stop and the BOD voted it down. Check the votes from the last meeting.

And Merl's idea of having spies at contest is bull. How about have someone spy on HIM? There would be a huge eye-opener I'd bet.

As Merl is a Rep I think the secret shoppers will be spying on him as well as the other Reps. Wish I was a secret shopper as I know at least one contest I'm at that he Reps. Only problem is he and Carol do everything a Rep is supposed to do.
We need to require contracts to be approved by the BOD.

I don't see how a renegade committee chairperson having authority to do whatever they want without board approval can benefit KCBS. And Merl's idea of having spies at contest is bull. How about have someone spy on HIM? There would be a huge eye-opener I'd bet.

The first part of your statement applies to all of the committee chairs :sad:

I agree with the bull part and don't really believe that "secret shoppers" is a factual statement. It's his way of demonstrating, in a "Merl" way, the stupidity of not having any accountability on the current bod. :boxing:

I do believe that there are several who do as you suggest at the end. :shock:

It's the same old. They want to have free reign for the "inside" board members like Tana but not for the "outside" board members like Merl.

I just want to hear the rest of the recording. Any BOD member want to let me know where it is so I can hear the rest? Don't want to speculate here so it would be best to listen to the actual taping. If they are editing to what we can and cannot hear, what's the point of us listening in?

Editing would make it kind of like the old "Notes from the Board" where Carolyn decided what got out to the members.

Who actually was listening live?
My request went in "too late"
Day before..... yes that was late to submit request

This Sucks!! I am sure there are some good people on the Board but this continued bickering, I'll show him, secret, no report, bad podcast editing BS is so embarrassing. I was one of the people who wanted to get the podcast online but the more of them I listen to the more disappointed I am. The person or persons who made smart ass remarks under there breath that could be heard on the podcast should stand up and be a man and apologize for everyone else to hear. Then there should be some way to have them reprimanded like in Nascar. "You have been removed from your duties due to actions deemed detamental to the kcBS and its members." Why can't you people grow up and try to get along and try to make this organization the best it can be? Merl may have been trying to prove his point but that was not the way to do it. I used to support him but I lost all respect when he pulled that crap on the Brethren a few months back. Even the people on the Board who do do a good job have some blame in this. They are the ones who need to help us to be informed about what the others are doing and be willing to put there foot down when this crap is going on. The last statement is not directed at anybody personally, I am just frustrated because we voted for you in the hopes that this stuff would end. Please fight to end the current practices of the Board.

This Sucks!! I am sure there are some good people on the Board but this continued bickering, I'll show him, secret, no report, bad podcast editing BS is so embarrassing. I was one of the people who wanted to get the podcast online but the more of them I listen to the more disappointed I am. The person or persons who made smart ass remarks under there breath that could be heard on the podcast should stand up and be a man and apologize for everyone else to hear. Then there should be some way to have them reprimanded like in Nascar. "You have been removed from your duties due to actions deemed detamental to the kcBS and its members." Why can't you people grow up and try to get along and try to make this organization the best it can be? Merl may have been trying to prove his point but that was not the way to do it. I used to support him but I lost all respect when he pulled that crap on the Brethren a few months back. Even the people on the Board who do do a good job have some blame in this. They are the ones who need to help us to be informed about what the others are doing and be willing to put there foot down when this crap is going on. The last statement is not directed at anybody personally, I am just frustrated because we voted for you in the hopes that this stuff would end. Please fight to end the current practices of the Board.

Shane for President!

explanation posted on the KCBS website under news. Apparently the conference call provider had a recording problem. It was not editing by any member of hte BOD.

Well said Brother

Shane... for BoD!!!
I don't think I am quite PC enough to be on the board! Would it be inappropriate to stand up in a meeting and say "What the f#*k is wrong with you guys?" :boxing::tape: I would be willing to lend my support to a good candidate though.

Back