Grill Kings NY

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just heard from a friend Grill Kings for NY is not happening in 2007. Anyone else hear anything about it.

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ said:
Just heard from a friend Grill Kings for NY is not happening in 2007. Anyone else hear anything about it.

That's correct but I'm not sure we're allowed to talk about it.

From NY Mag:

That leaves New York as a mere adjunct in New England Barbecue Society contests, and is that really what we want for the greatest cooking city on earth?
~~~~

Nice zing! There is nothing 'mere' about being part of NEBS!! :p

NY and NEBS

I agree Chris!!! That is fairly insulting to one of the strongest cicuits in KCBS. NY has been part of NEBS for many years...
nancee

Nice zing! There is nothing 'mere' about being part of NEBS!! :p[/quote]

BBQchef33 said:
Talk. yeah.. just no beating the dead, decaying horse.

If you don't beat it, you are never going to make that dead horse tender and tasty. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
nancee said:
I agree Chris!!! That is fairly insulting to one of the strongest cicuits in KCBS. NY has been part of NEBS for many years...
nancee

Nice zing! There is nothing 'mere' about being part of NEBS!! :p
[/quote]

As a new New Yorker to the sport maybe we can discuss changing the "NE" to mean North East when it gets cold and lonely @ the Winter Sizzler in a few weeks.:-D :idea:

NEBS is good...NEBS is great.....Up with smoke, down w/ hate.....:icon_clown :tongue: :icon_clown

DTASMA.....:twisted:

Actually, NY is not an adjunct of NEBS the way the article states.. NY is part of Mid-Atlantic BBQ Society, but we're lucky enuf to be included in both.

NEBS has been around longer, is much more active and has and established member and event base. I believe MABA is just starting out.
They include Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. It seems they are same as NEBS with different states.

Makes us lucky that we are central to the 2 and we can go in either direction.

I will get some more info, but there schedule for 2007 is

March 23, 2007Certified BBQ Judging Class, Meadow Creek Welding of New Holland, PA
Melvin Stoltzfus, ( 717 ) 355-0779March 23 - 24, 2007Meadow Creek Open House, Meadow Creek Welding of New Holland, PA
Melvin Stoltzfus, ( 717 ) 355-0779March 23-27, 2007"Smoke At The Rock BBQ Championship", Rockingham, NC
R. Shawn Lewis, ( 910 ) 995-4092April 18-22, 2007"Smokin' On The Susquehanna"
MABA's Convention & Trade Show,
Host Convention Center, Route 30, Lancaster, PA
Email Fred Shultz for Attendee or Exhibitor PacketApril 20-21, 2007"Pork in the Park", Salisbury, MD
Sandy Fulton, ( 410 ) 548ጲApril 20-21, 200711th Annual "Kings Mountain Firehouse Cookoff", Kings Mountain, NC
Frank Burns, ( 704 ) 734-0555April 27-28, 2007"Smithfield's Slammin BBQ Throwdown", Norfolk, VA
Donna Agresto, ( 757 ) 222-2908April 27-28, 2007"Hogfest In Historic Edenton", Edenton, NC
Gerald Rahel, ( 252 ) 482-4057May 17-19, 2007"Carolina Smokin' Spring Fling", Lumberton, NC
Mitchell Mercer, ( 910 ) 618-5699May 18-19, 2007"Pigs in the Park", Danville, VA
Rosalee Maxwell, ( 434 ) 793-4636May 18-19, 2007"Chesapeake Jubilee", Chesapeake, VA
Laurie McElveen, ( 757 ) 482-6358

The MABA includes Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

ok...I am going to look up 'adjunct'... pop vocabulary quizzes get me every time.

By the way...NEBS had voted to include NY as a part of our organization a while back. Places like Clarence and Lake Placid ( go Dmitry! ) are nearer to NEBS than MABA... would you agree?

I don't see a point in picking one or the other, to be honest. Both are great organizations. All for BBQ... BBQ for all~

That being said... I am with Matt...
"NEBS is good...NEBS is great.....Up with smoke, down w/ hate.....:icon_clown :tongue: :icon_clown "

I hope to see y'all in Lincoln...doesn't look like it will be very lonely up in them there mountains.

Happy Holy Days Everyone!~

lunchlady

Really sad - I am amazed at the lack of "community" in this bbq community. Mr X and Dean clearly deserve much better then they got on this and other sites. Personally I want to thank them for all of their hard work. Hopefully Mr X and Dean will ride again - they have my teams full support!!!

Cheers,

Back