Sunday's Brisket Smoke A Work In Progress

Maintained a 225º temp throughout the entire cook. Pulled off the Egg at 200º.

Fork tender!

I do not feel I got the right combo of seasoning yet. It was good but the Montreal came on pretty strong and I really didn't use very much. Other than that, it was pretty darn good!

That looks really good! Did the marinade have an impact, and if so, how would you describe it?

Well now I think you may have been sandbagging a bit here. That brisket looks as good as any I have seen anywhere.:eusa_clap

LOL no sandbagging here. Just a good student. Read and learned a lot here! You know how it goes, even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut.

That looks really good! Did the marinade have an impact, and if so, how would you describe it?

I think on presentation in a Comp I may have been able to score with this one.

As far as the Marinade I am not sure if there were any benefits, have not done enough Briskets for comparison. Next one I do it will be with no Marinade and will follow same cooking procedure as this one, then I may know more.

The first pic of the slices whoa but the second pic look great. Keep on quen and more pic please .

Beautifull Brisket

One thing I learned the hard way is how briskets and pork butts cook. To you "seasoned" vets this will be old news - but for anyone new - here's a tip that will save you a lot of fiddling with temps.

Briskets & Butts will sometimes stall around 160* as the meat/muscle fibers start their final breakdown. This stall can last from 30 minutes to an hour or more. It will eventually breakout of the stall and continue to rise in temperature.

Had I known this I wouldn't have spent more than a few anxious hours raising and lowering the temp on the cooker, wrapping in foil too early (steaming the meat) and generally driving myself nuts. As someone once said - BBQ is done when it's done!

Hey Terry, if you packed it rigt you could ship me a few slices. They would get here before going bad...

Lookin good so far amigo!

Edited...

Ahh, you added the sliced pics while I was writnig the above. Now it looks real good! I'm on my way!

That brisket looks really good. The slices have a nice smoke ring and look moist. Thanks for sharing.

great job ! But what do you do with the other 11 cans of miller lite? Never mind i know.

Back