Ribolator

Larred

Knows what a fatty is.
Has anyone out there tried the "Ribolator"? I do a lot of open fire cooking & am considering trying one of these.

I have one that I use on my drum cooker. Fun tool to have in the arsenal. Great for small chicken parts like drumsticks and wings.

Got one, like Smokin D says, great for small pieces, can be good for ribe is you make sure they fit in the tray and not hang out, they can flip out if one tray hits the other, fun cooker tool!

I bought one about 2 1/2, 3 years ago when our dollar was strong.
Its still in the box in my shed,I need to give it a go I reckon

I made up a couple of adds for the Rib-o-Lator too. Aluminum strips, 1/8" x 1 1/4", a few 1" holes drilled along the length, a couple bends on the ends with a couple holes drilled to fit over the rotisserie pins and we have rotating ABT trays! Works very well too! Pics some where on PhotoSucket, but I am locked out or simply forgot how to access them.

I love mine, especially alternating chicken and ribs for instance, they end up cross-pollinating and making "chibs" Delicious!

Make sure you seat belt in the tall pieces with some butchers twine or you could see the ribolator auto-eject function.

Got one for a gift a few years ago but have not used it. Thought about it a few time but never seem to make the time to.

I think I will have to flip food over when on open fire tho, Not sure, I use a rotisserie have you ever tried on open cooking, or just in kettle & grill cooking?

I have this setup and run it in a couple of different cooker/smokers.

DSC02533.jpg

DSC02531.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

This is in a Green Mountain pellet cooker. I have also have run it in a Hasty-Bake and a Weber kettle.

Dave

Thanks, Dave, looks like a nice set up.I think I will get one & try on open fire.
I will post pics !

Back